Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Both storms had a similar axis of heaviest snow....'15 might have been just a smidge west of Mar '18....the latter basically had the huge totals stop at Windham county up to ORH.

But yeah, this one looks less prolific than either storm at the moment. Could still change, but that elongated upper low look definitely puts a cap on this....we need it to fatten up again.

I remembered 18 has having that secondary deform axis while 15 concentrated east

20210129_084417.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Kitzbuhel Craver said:

Yuge 12z runs today as far as seeing some of these recent trends continue, halt, or begin to reverse. Probably time to start taking OP runs a little bit more serious, no?

Yes, each passing cycle makes the OP runs more useful. Ensembles will still be more skilled but not by a lot. .

• Thanks 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

And I can't stress enough that unless your Powderfreak, you don't want this tucked close to the Cape, even the interior. It's a huge circulation. a track near the BM probably jacks the Berkshires into Brian's area. 

Gotta be honest, I keep losing sight of this, as well.

• Thanks 1

The one thing where I might want a little tuck, is the hook and ladder. If that happens, a new area of lift and probably CCB regeneration happens closer to the low. Otherwise if this blows over PHL and NJ and tucks in there, it will be the brick in the washer machine and be a banded mess. You'll want to be more in the TROWAL and mid level lift which in theory would extend far away from the low. 

• Like 1

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Me too. I also think the qpf maps are blinding my inability to look higher up but I keep seeing Jan 15 referenced and is the top analog...and that one never had the mid level lift nw of the qpf max. 

I still think 6 inches is our magic number here...anything over that number will be awesome. Is it snowing at your place right now? We have had legit light snow here since sunrise...blowing sideways and its only 8⁰, looks like the tundra out there

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The one thing where I might want a little tuck, is the hook and ladder. If that happens, a new area of lift and probably CCB regeneration happens closer to the low. Otherwise if this blows over PHL and NJ and tucks in there, it will be the brick in the washer machine and be a banded mess. You'll want to be more in the TROWAL and mid level lift which in theory would extend far away from the low. 

Perfect example of why our upper tier events almost never crush the mid atl...you need to deal with this crap. It can and does work out, but there is more that can go wrong, and the ceiling is lowered a notch or two.

When we first began tracking this, I threw up in my mouth a little when I saw the 20"+ totals in PA.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

I still think 6 inches is our magic number here...anything over that number will be awesome. Is it snowing at your place right now? We have had legit light snow here since sunrise...blowing sideways and its only 8⁰, looks like the tundra out there

Yea. Woke up to a little fresh coat of the white stuff. Garage cam shows flurries currently as well. 

43 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

And I can't stress enough that unless your Powderfreak, you don't want this tucked close to the Cape, even the interior. It's a huge circulation. a track near the BM probably jacks the Berkshires into Brian's area. 

40 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Gotta be honest, I keep losing sight of this, as well.

I have not lost sight, I mentioned it yesterday that this has a very broad precip shield associated with the orientation of the ULL, That's why i came in this morning to talk some off the ledge, Have to let this play out, Small nuance changes can have large implications further to the west.

• Like 2