• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

I meant based on it's redevelopment along the coastline. What you guys want to see is the primary jet out of Colorado and die in western PA, not southeastern Ohio/West Virginia. The reflection then should develop further over the southeastern Delmarva. That's what you want to see.

12 minutes ago, Greg said:

I meant based on it's redevelopment along the coastline. What you guys want to see is the primary jet out of Colorado and die in western PA, not southeastern Ohio. The reflection then should develop further over the Delmarva. That's what you want to see.

Disagree.   OV primary with redevelopment over Hatteras has produced some of the classic big ones I’ve seen.  The most notable is 12/11-12, 1960.

Top analogs for F096 on the GFS. Jan 15 and Jan 16 both in the top 3. Not really surprising given the southern and eastern focus on that particular run. Mean snowfall for the top 15 analogs shows widespread warning snowfall (8+) for the majority of SNE with 60-70% of them exceeding 6" over a good chunk of CT/RI/MA. 

Take it for what its worth, considering its just based on one op run of a not so great model. 

MEDSN72_gfs215F096.png.f72675bee349799738be272a25e53b69.pngPSN72060_gfs215F096.png.81ef937295f0432ca4b8ec1eed0e1f67.png

Capture3.thumb.PNG.f25a06c81acfb03b3f35d7e5810ad137.PNG