Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb Long Range Discussion (Day 3 and beyond) - MERGED

WinterWxLuvr

1 minute ago, Scuddz said:

More like 5-8" and you'd be lucky to accumulate more than 3 unless you manage to hang onto some of the current snowpack in the coming days.

Definitely.  Looks like some of our storms where we near the city post obs that it’s 45/34 waiting for precip to arrive.  

1 minute ago, LP08 said:

Definitely.  Looks like some of our storms where we near the city post obs that it’s 45/34 waiting for precip to arrive.  

Hopefully it comes down hot and heavy. Even the positive snow depth change map shows 5 in DC, but temps aren’t great and we know how that can go.

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

lol I was just having a bit of fun at your expense.

I know my climo here, and what is ideal for my yard is not necessarily what you want to see, but it is not all that rare either. Long term avg snowfall here is higher than DC, at 18.5".

There are many times I have gotten moderate or even significant snow that have left places NW of I-95 high and dry. Happened in Jan of 2017 and 18 most recently. Both of those events had legit cold air in place. That tends to even things out a bit, because clearly being further inland is better much of the time.

I was just thinking that the Eastern and southeastern areas did well in a couple of storms a few years back while most of us had nothing.