Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb Long Range Discussion (Day 3 and beyond) - MERGED

WinterWxLuvr

Just now, WxUSAF said:

I have no memory of that Feb 2-3, 2010 event. I remember the Jan 30 event very well, loved it. 

I remember the 2-3 event well. 4 inches or so in Bethesda with maybe 3 in upper NW. came down heavily for a while but wasn’t that cold.

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

I thought the one after the late Jan event was the first of the 2 big storms in Feb.

It was a quick hitter that trended it better in the last 24 hours. Didnt look like much 48 hours out but ended up coming further north. I believe they even issued WSW's tuesday morning only about 6 hours before it started.

• Like 1

Just now, HighStakes said:

It was a quick hitter that trended it better in the last 24 hours. Didnt look like much 48 hours out but ended up coming further north. I believe they even issued WSW's tuesday morning only about 6 hours before it started.

Huh. No recollection. Must have been rain here lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, GATECH said:

Yeah, I think the urban heat island did a number on it in DC.  it was an appetizer for the big dog, I got a solid 5in here near Mt. Vernon, 4 WSW verified storms in 2 weeks...what a year!

Urban heat island could apply to any city I would think...Baltimore is just about concrete. Being slightly northward helps them it seems. But Downtown DC isn't the same as the entire city. Elevations are on the borders and the low point is downtown. That 'heat island' is downtown were there are lots of cars and heavy traffic most of the time. Neighborhoods aren't similar.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I have no memory of that Feb 2-3, 2010 event. I remember the Jan 30 event very well, loved it. 

That’s amazing.  I had 6” from the 1/30/10 storm and then another 5” from the 2/3/10 event.  I don’t think I would have had snow over ahead of the big storm without the nice snowfall a couple of days before.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

If this is in and out quickly won't it be disappointing compared to the last storm? I'm just looking for the negatives here..

Not if the Rates are there lol...Ill take a 4" wet snow storm in 6 hours with rates over the last storm, but I know I may generally be in the minority to you N/W crew