Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb Long Range Discussion (Day 3 and beyond) - MERGED

WinterWxLuvr

19 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I always love when PSU says "we" don't want big cold because it ends up dry, except that is usually the only way it works out for the coastal plain, esp lately.

I'll agree to a point.  Gimme cold that gets down as far as SC so that the baroclinic zone isn't too far away.  Get some storms to ride that and throw precip over top the cold.  Cold smoke.  Otherwise big cold needs to be coming at us just right so we can clipper a few inches 

Tucked and wrapped and big dog miller Bs can go eat the ass of someone at a chili cookoff in the summer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

The trend toward a more amplified solution has officially begun. Said this like 4 days ago, but a nice little 1-4” type storm is the most likely outcome this Sunday if it does hit. Timing of precip also shifting a bit in our favor for colder temps.  If this is a daytime storm, we’re likely in trouble. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I thought the Sunday storm might come back.  Nice shift on the gfs / gefs/icon and hopefully 6z or 12z Euro hops on. Didnt see Eps yet . 

Models always need a little time to adjust after a big storm has exited stage right to get a grasp on the 500mb setup moving forward. Nothing about this setup screams suppression for Sunday anymore. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jayyy said:

Think the 95 crew likely has the best shot here at getting precip heavy enough to overcome the borderline column. Wouldn’t mind seeing the Precip timing shift to overnight for sure 

Temps are problematic for I95 and east.  Need it to be amped up enough to gain some latitude and have it close enough to the coast for meaningful precip, but in that case the lack of low level cold is an issue. As usual with only marginal cold air around , the best chance of accumulating snow is NW, assuming precip makes it there.

10 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Temps are problematic for I95 and east.  Need it to be amped up enough to gain some latitude and have it close enough to the coast for meaningful precip, but in that case the lack of low level cold is an issue. As usual with only marginal cold air around , the best chance of accumulating snow is NW, assuming precip makes it there.

Of course you have to crap on the threat for the coast.

• Weenie 1

48 minutes ago, H2O said:

I'll agree to a point.  Gimme cold that gets down as far as SC so that the baroclinic zone isn't too far away.  Get some storms to ride that and throw precip over top the cold.  Cold smoke.  Otherwise big cold needs to be coming at us just right so we can clipper a few inches 

Tucked and wrapped and big dog miller Bs can go eat the ass of someone at a chili cookoff in the summer.

This is what I am referring to. The ideal look here would have the thermal boundary somewhat suppressed to the SE. Ofc that scares the NW folks because FRINGED.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Come NW baby!

The inside 72 hour north trend is real lol. If there actually is a storm we are probably in a pretty good spot. 

5 days out bullseye seems to mean congrats Binghamton lol.

The suppression issues in the past was mainly because it was a sheared out POS. 

Let's do this!

• Like 3