• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Storm Term Threat Discussions (Day 3 - Day 7)

WxUSAF

1 minute ago, Sernest14 said:

well that run was a disaster.  good thing it's been all over the place and hasn't really had any consistently.

not sure what you mean?  GFS OG has had the primary doing the Ohio tour for about 5 runs now.  not saying it right but certainly not all over the  place IMO.

IF you want to feel better, Toggle back to previous runs of the gfs to 144 for Thursday.  It had consistent runs (6 in row) of a shellacking for the area, then all of a sudden, boom south at about 90-96 hrs.  I liked early on the run the slower ejection at H5 (@ravensrule) and better heights over the NE.  Maybe ill die on this hill and be completely out to lunch, but we've seen it all winter.

• Haha 1

There has definitely been a seasonal trend of primary lows hanging on longer than we want before coastal transfer.  Doesn't mean it's going to happen this time though. I'd personally still be quite happy with 5-6", drizzle and dry slot, then 24hours of snowshowers for another 1-2".  But I guess YMMV.  

• Like 5

Just now, Cobalt said:

gfs-deterministic-ma-snow_96hr_inch-2310400.thumb.png.e63bb0739bd39b7e9c3eddabd03c2d4e.png

Im struggling to find the disaster.. Kuchera is even higher. Wasn't the GFS still showing a flush hit for Thursday this far out?? The ground floor of basically all guidance has been 3-6"..

I want a HECS more than anyone, but that's a region wide 6-8 inches for a "disaster run" of a model we already know isn't very good and was awful leading up to tomorrow's storm. If that's the floor for this storm, I'm feeling pretty great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

We aren't getting 10:1 snow with the primary running up into Ohio.

Most if not all of that comes from the initial WAA thump before the primary has a chance to wreck thermals. Obviously the GFS and Euro are still worlds apart with the actual costal aspect. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, osfan24 said:

I want a HECS more than anyone, but that's a region wide 6-8 inches for a "disaster run" of a model we already know isn't very good and was awful leading up to tomorrow's storm. If that's the floor for this storm, I'm feeling pretty great.

That is a BOLD statement in this forum.

3 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

gfs-deterministic-ma-snow_96hr_inch-2310400.thumb.png.e63bb0739bd39b7e9c3eddabd03c2d4e.png

Im struggling to find the disaster.. Kuchera is even higher. Wasn't the GFS still showing a flush hit for Thursday this far out?? The ground floor of basically all guidance has been 3-6"..

It’s all relative to expectations. For those who saw the euro and banked it, this is a disappointment. Also, it’s salt in many wounds here as this perfectly portrays how a miller b can leave us on the outside looking in. This snow map presupposes we also accumulate from the back end band. A lot has to go right for this to verify. I think we would all happily take it though given where we’ve been the last few years. Some in here just want that euro run. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

not sure what you mean?  GFS OG has had the primary doing the Ohio tour for about 5 runs now.  not saying it right but certainly not all over the  place IMO.

10 minutes ago, Interstate said:

But it has... it has been driving the primary low into Ohio for awhile now

It has been through Ohio but more so talking about the coastal low that i feel as been jumping around.

4 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Cobalt to the rescue! I’m good now. Onward and upward! :lol: