Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Dec 16-17 obs/nowcast thread

ORH_wxman

9 minutes ago, 203whiteout said:

Nothing yet here. Fairfield CT. Coastal SW CT. Expecting about a foot. Good luck guys!

Nice was born and raised in Milford. Can be a frustrating spot for snow at time but we might have just enough cold air to squeak this one out. Just gotta hope the mid levels don’t torch at all. Good luck!

3 minutes ago, Sn0waddict said:

Nice was born and raised in Milford. Can be a frustrating spot for snow at time but we might have just enough cold air to squeak this one out. Just gotta hope the mid levels don’t torch at all. Good luck!

I'm expecting some pings here in Clinton. It's not all bad...gives the pack a little more staying power

• Like 1

Just now, Mr. Windcredible! said:

I'm expecting some pings here in Clinton. It's not all bad...gives the pack a little more staying power

Ya I could see that if precip lightens up for an hour or two, no fuss there. Only would be annoyed if we missed out on the heavier stuff due to sleet, which I doubt at this point. 

Just now, Sn0waddict said:

Ya I could see that if precip lightens up for an hour or two, no fuss there. Only would be annoyed if we missed out on the heavier stuff due to sleet, which I doubt at this point. 

that's what I was getting a bit paranoid about yesterday. but I think we're looking good for a solid 8-10" before any dryslot/mixing issues. I can live with that

2 minutes ago, Mr. Windcredible! said:

that's what I was getting a bit paranoid about yesterday. but I think we're looking good for a solid 8-10" before any dryslot/mixing issues. I can live with that

I thinking 8-14 will do it. Anything less would be a disappointment after following this for a week honestly, but after last year I suppose I would have to just be happy with what I got. 

Mentioned it in the nyc obs thread but I can see the ground level cold over performing at least. The dew point is still 3F! 

Just now, Sn0waddict said:

I thinking 8-14 will do it. Anything less would be a disappointment after following this for a week honestly, but after last year I suppose I would have to just be happy with what I got. 

Mentioned it in the nyc obs thread but I can see the ground level cold over performing at least. The dew point is still 3F! 

You won't get less than 8 there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Flurries in the western Catskills. This could be a memorable one for most on here. It's been really great taking a break from all the bullsh*t in the world and track a big winter storm in december. I can't be a weenie for thinking that. Hope you all have a great night. Hot toddies and dog-ear stroking while watching radar and looking at the flakes thru the porch light. 

22 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Current radar looking pretty good...I like the WCB look there

Dec16_4pmRadar.gif

PHL reporting SN+ and 30/27.  Might get a nice front end thump before the p-type issues arrive.  Family about 30 miles SSE from there reported snow an hour ago - they're not forecast to get much more than a sleety coating.

17 minutes ago, SnowGiant611 said:

19/0 in Gilmanton, NH

Dewpoint has come up 2 degrees since last post, but temp has dropped 4 degrees.  Would like to see a bit more movement on dewpoint here...

That development of a leading band in SNH banking NE seems an interesting development, however.

Agree and it looks like maybe not totally virga