Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 16-17 obs/nowcast thread

ORH_wxman

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Its the little crap like that just makes me wanna tag myself. Its because I get thrown off sometimes when the storm gets shunted to the east, instead of coming up NE.....same rule applies, but for some reason I get more tentative about applying that rule.

Don’t beat yourself up.  You’re a perfectionist.  No way to tell just yet if your call is a bust.  Sit back and enjoy where you are and what you have.  I’m sitting on the couch as I post this looking out the front and back windows enjoying the wonder of the 1st real storm of the season.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’ll trust your sweet setup over mine. I’m kinda blocked by trees and the side of the house. Sometimes I notice I’m higher than surrounding weenies and other times I’m lower...but it’s within range. 

Kids and I were out sledding until 10...measured 6" at that point, nice to see the radar filling in as those holes come up from the coast.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Don’t beat yourself up.  You’re a perfectionist.  No way to tell just yet if your call is a bust.  Sit back and enjoy where you are and what you have.  I’m sitting on the couch as I post this looking out the front and back windows enjoying the wonder of the 1st real storm of the season.  

While the wife is watching ‘See’ on apple tv I’ve placed myself directly facing the back deck with all curtains open and the deck lights on....just taking in the vibe.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

I literally have goosebumps right now after seeing the RDPS (RGEM) and the radar. Death band incoming and I may very well be very close to or under the pivot point. It's already pounding snow, although flakes are small to medium. 9.4° F. 

Enjoy man, you're going to crush. I wish I went to my place in West Dover, but CT looked like a lock for soo many days. Let us know how you do. I have a remote camera and weather station up there as well. 9.7/7.2. 

Whatever sleet was falling south of the Vineyard and ACK, it has quickly cooled off.  The heavy bands of snow are all the way as high as the radar beam is raised.  How high into the air does a beam with a 2.40 degree angle go?  Oh best growth through this evening right now, winds are coinciding with the best snow growth and heaviest bands, and vis is likely less than 3/4 miles.  Temp is steady around 29F, and the snow is cold and accumulating on everything!

• Like 2

Just now, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Whatever sleet was falling south of the Vineyard and ACK, it has quickly cooled off.  The heavy bands of snow are all the way as high as the radar beam is raised.  How high into the air does a beam with a 2.40 degree angle go?  Oh best growth through this evening right now, winds are coinciding with the best snow growth and heaviest bands, and vis is likely less than 3/4 miles.  Temp is steady around 29F, and the snow is cold and accumulating on everything!

Nice. Considering the NYC shitshow I'm surprised you're still snowing

5 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

why are you using an angle so high? Stick with 0.5°