Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 16-17, 2020 Winter Storm Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

2 minutes ago, csnavywx said:

Warm nose aloft making steady progress. Should be a pretty wide area of sleet for a while -- freezing rain where the nose gets thick enough. Haven't seen any thunder reports yet, though.

Somebody earlier mentioned getting the 850 low on the coast earlier may help ending the sleet. Can somebody post where that stands now?

1 minute ago, Scraff said:

We optimized the hand we were dealt. Hopefully a flip back comes in later this evening. Measured 2.5” right as the heavy stuff turned to effing pingers. All good. Was awesome Jebwalking in that band. Roads were a disaster at 103 and Wesley / Old Stockbridge. Well...see you all at happy hour. :drunk:

C9292007-3662-4855-A3D5-48F21DC7B971.jpeg

I know right where you are!

• Like 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

Roads are hellacious. It appears nothing was done here prior to the storm.

Here it’s just the opposite. Brining may make roads easier to plow but it makes them a disaster for motorists. It melts that first bit of snow and the roads get slushy. Slushy is a helluva lot worse than dry snow

7” now in Perry WV. About 15 Miles west of 81 and Woodstock, Va, at 2200 feet. Was dumping snow and has now slowed to moderate. 

temp/DP 23/21

I have very limited internet and can’t see if anything’s else is heading my way or the storm evolution. Should I still be expecting more later on out this way? 

Thanks for any input. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic