Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 16/17 Winter Event

MN Transplant

1 minute ago, mappy said:

goodness can we let the damn thing run before saying it sucks?

Silly @mappy - You really think people here can be rational? Big reason I just stay quiet during most model run style threads - I know I'll read something wrong...I'll stick to spamming the forum during severe season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

To those of you that said CAD tends to be under-modeled, let this be a lesson.

Yeah but that's not exactly of importance here. That works for Arctic airmasses with a guaranteed front end thump (President's Day 2016, Feb 21 2015 for example). Those were cold temp days with dews in the single digits for most before  precip. Here we have an iffy airmass (albeit pretty good for December standards), and precip is running alongside temps. By the time precip is on our doorstep, we're already close to changeover regardless of CAD or not. If we had a mid-winter airmass with precip going directly under us then yeah I'd side with the CAD argument, but that doesn't matter here it seems

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

To those of you that said CAD tends to be under-modeled, let this be a lesson.

Not sure you can make declaration until aftwrward...we're still 48-72 hours away from seeing what actually happens. And just because something has a TENDENCY, doesn't mean it happens 100% of the time.

• Like 1

Just now, MN Transplant said:

The problem, though, is that it really comes together so late that we don't get a huge benefit from it sliding to our S anyway.  Without the 850 low cranking up earlier, we are just awash in warm air advection.

1739838444_Screenshot2020-12-14105508.thumb.jpg.afa52dc2f018472d60bab534fcd2d7f5.jpg

Those SE winds are pretty brutal. I'd just like to get the grass covered with snow.

1 hour ago, BlizzardNole said:

Sorry IronTy -- I grew up a few miles south of Dunkirk and know all about southern MD heartbreak.  Once my job locked in DC I started shopping for a NW area.  My family is still all there and they have fun with me when southern MD gets a big hit that I miss.

I'm looking to buy about 100ac in Garrett county and build a small log cabin on it in the next 3-4 years.  Once that happens I'll be heading up there in my NSX two days before every snow and then be stuck there for days waiting for the snow to clear before I can make it back home to the tropics in Calvert.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, midatlanticweather said:

So.. What should we be looking for to see it trend better? 

Better 50/50? 

Closes off 850 sooner? 

Further south track? 

All the above? 

This thing is bleeding westward at an alarming rate since yesterday. We have had some glimpses of hope in an otherwise telltale sign. 

Couple more runs and the low will be over the chesapeake.  Will that at least make the rain more wind driven?  Maybe we can at least lose power to make it a bit more exciting.  

• Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic