Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

7 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Did you see the earlier runs of that thing? It didn't have snow moving into S CT until 5AM and snowing through the night Thursday Night. Thought i was hallucinating or looking at a different storm. Ever since its been bumping up the start time back down to orbit.

Yeah I saw one run early yesterday that did that....I wasn't checking it regularly yet though until this morning. Interesting that it was doing that the whole time but slowly moving it up.

6 minutes ago, PWMan said:

Looks better for this area than I expected based on the "SE" play-by-play posts.

Yeah NAM 12km you responded to had a lot of SE posts but it s not that far off 12z.  I think the fear was 18z would be SYR BTV BML, lol.  It hit you good.  Anything not north of 12z was a win for the forum.

LOL, I decide to pop in and share in the (short-lived) excitement for my area.  My only hope is for that CF to push deeper inland off the NH seacoast and I end up in the band just NW or so from there by about 20-30 mi.  I think if we see 2-4" of snow up here, we will be lucky.  Don't think we are going to see the best lift/forcing and with the fluff factor we will be 15:1 or even higher, maybe, so it won't take much precip to pile up the totals, but as far as impressive...eh.

1 minute ago, SnowGiant611 said:

LOL, I decide to pop in and share in the (short-lived) excitement for my area.  My only hope is for that CF to push deeper inland off the NH seacoast and I end up in the band just NW or so from there by about 20-30 mi.  I think if we see 2-4" of snow up here, we will be lucky.  Don't think we are going to see the best lift/forcing and with the fluff factor we will be 15:1 or even higher, maybe, so it won't take much precip to pile up the totals, but as far as impressive...eh.

Anything that is Dendy-approved you should like.

2 minutes ago, SnowGiant611 said:

No chance.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah NAM 12km you responded to had a lot of SE posts but it s not that far off 12z.  I think the fear was 18z would be SYR BTV BML, lol.  It hit you good.  Anything not north of 12z was a win for the forum.

Yeah, that depiction is about as close to a forum-wide win as you'll see. 

Whatever happens... the cold is winning in this situation - period...

That high and that hygroscopic density working together will absolutely pin a CF in SE zones.. Thinking KTAN then collapsing SE... In fact, if this thing were to deepen more than current progged, the sub -geo goes more N and said CF ends up collocated over the Borne Bridge -

You cannot put a 1035+ nascent arctic/polar hybrid high in this consensus -modeled position and have any warm air intrusion - it just is fluid mechanically impossible without 80 kts of S flow at 950 mb or something Jovian like that -

• Like 1