Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I wonder if someone like @OceanStWx could tell us whether some of the members trail that kicker more than the OP?

Can’t see the individual members at 500 mb, but overall it looks like the northern part of the kicker is digging more. In effect that sharpens the downstream side of the ridge out west. Makes the whole pattern more amplified and closer to classic looking for New England snow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, OceanStWx said:

Can’t see the individual members at 500 mb, but overall it looks like the northern part of the kicker is digging more. In effect that sharpens the downstream side of the ridge out west. Makes the whole pattern more amplified and closer to classic looking for New England snow.

Thanks so much.....trend to root for.

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

What exactly does that translate to (for us newbies). A rain snow line from Norwich to Providence to Boston? When I look at past classics, or common events,  that rain/snow line has wildly varying different degree of tilt slicing thought coastal plains, but it’s there nevertheless 

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Thanks so much.....trend to root for.

I had mentioned it awhile back in the thread, but the kicker was always coming into better sampling later so these additional moves even after the main shortwave was sampled should be expected.

Sure enough the kicker was moving over sounding sides this morning.

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I had mentioned it awhile back in the thread, but the kicker was always coming into better sampling later so these additional moves even after the main shortwave was sampled should be expected.

Sure enough the kicker was moving over sounding sides this morning.

If we can get that guy to dig a bit more, it could theoretically reach a tipping point, at which it begins to constructively interfere, as opposed to deconstructively.

1 minute ago, IowaStorm05 said:

What exactly does that translate to (for us newbies). A rain snow line from Norwich to Providence to Boston? When I look at past classics that rain/snow line has different degree of tilt slicing thought coastal plains, but it’s there nevertheless 

Still a little too early for those kinds of defaults, but I say “classic” in the sense that forcing can continue with a more north of east trajectory rather than getting squashed.