Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

Wish I had more time to post in here with all this fun. did an updated map for CT now that I feel more confident regarding banding placement. Concerns for subsidence and dry slot along southern CT and perhaps mixing far SE CT. And no...I am not buying into this more northern trend.

snow map update.png

Aren't you buying into it by giving southern areas less?

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Aren't you buying into it by giving southern areas less?

not necessarily. I do think the track will be far enough north (particularly H7) that southern CT may experience some dry slot issues. I am also factoring in subsidence zone which there should be one on the northern fringe of the band and one on southern fringe and I think the band goes right through northern CT and southern CT could struggle a bit. It's always a challenge accounting for subsidence in a snowfall map, however, I do like the idea of doing so.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Wish I had more time to post in here with all this fun. did an updated map for CT now that I feel more confident regarding banding placement. Concerns for subsidence and dry slot along southern CT and perhaps mixing far SE CT. And no...I am not buying into this more northern trend.

snow map update.png

That’s the GON I grew up in and love.  Cut it by 2/3rds.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bostonseminole said:

yeah improvement but not like other models..

About what i expected though, It doesn't make any big changes just some a tic or two at a time, Still went the same direction as the others at 12z today, We will wait for 18z but those off hour runs, ha ha.

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Nice bump north for up here. Nothing like the other models, but I think it has another bump  or two left in it.

Yes, I think the same, As long as that s/w down south remains strong or even strengthens some more i think it has room to come further north, I need that over this way before the squeeze east.