• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ampongabezo
    Newest Member
    ampongabezo

Major Nor'easter snow storm (possible top 20) Noon Wednesday-Noon Thursday Dec 16-17, 2020

1.5" mod snow. Wind marginal, but gusty. SPC mesoscale analysis is interesting. A lot of stuff pointing to east solution. 2 hour pressure change near kitty hawk with 850-700 frontogenesis north of the pressure change south and east of ACK. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, winterwarlock said:

you live on a mountain, I live off of 206 in belle mead...we have one inch

Yeah, those yellows and oranges are BS...it's barely snowing here in Branchburg

34 minutes ago, winterwarlock said:

you live on a mountain, I live off of 206 in belle mead...we have one inch

I feel your lain. I live about 5 miles norheast of Flemington.  A little over 1 inch. Snowing hard now though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nycsnow said:

Mix like collapsing by Toms River 

You can see the mix struggling to move north where the heavy precip rates are and starting to surge north in E PA where the precip is weakening. Hopefully it stays like this. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, wkd said:

I feel your lain. I live about 5 miles norheast of Flemington.  A little over 1 inch. Snowing hard now though.

and we also went from moderate to heavy snows.....we have 2.5 inches here now in Belle Mead

13 minutes ago, nycwinter said:

i think here in parts of manhattan and the bronx will get over a foot maybe 16 inches possible.

Not according to the graphics Drag posted....small chance, very small, of being over 12, and less than 50% chance of over 6. If I'm reading correctly. But that's from NWS. I'm near Staten Island and hope to eke out 6.Anything more will be bonus IMHO.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

You can see the mix struggling to move north where the heavy precip rates are and starting to surge north in E PA where the precip is weakening. Hopefully it stays like this. 

Hope so. My dude needs a mental health day in the snow. It's a rain combo here. 

3 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

Not according to the graphics Drag posted....small chance, very small, of being over 12, and less than 50% chance of over 6. If I'm reading correctly. But that's from NWS. I'm near Staten Island and hope to eke out 6.Anything more will be bonus IMHO.

lee golderg said nyc will be on the dividing line between 6-12 and 12-18 in northern parts of the city..

• Like 1

Just now, nycwinter said:

lee golderg said nyc will be on the dividing line between 6-12 and 12-18 in northern parts of the city..

Yea I’m expecting about a foot I’m right at border of Bronx/Westchester

2 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

Yea I’m expecting about a foot I’m right at border of Bronx/Westchester

I'm exactly the opposite end of the county and right on the Putnam line (literally, just 1k feet from it) and expecting ~15/16".

It's coming down for real now. 1/4mi vis is optimistic. Bring it...

I don't love the new euro.  NNJ into Rockland...are we really gonna get dry slotted? Do I need to worry about not getting a foot? Insane how after all these days of Binghamtom looking like 3 to 6 inches, that they are going to score with 24+. Albany and Binghamton are like the Patriots (pre this year). They seem to always win. Even when they are looking really bad....they win 

11 minutes ago, nycwinter said:

I'm a bit south of that; across river from SI, so getting more than 6 is listed as low probability, on that graphic. Lee is IMO pretty good. 

12 minutes ago, SACRUS said:

inxr1KPHLa_h.gif

that first heavy band went through my area and dumped alot, now is subsidence with snow drastically down in intensity but that mega death band looks crazy headed my way