• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Major Nor'easter snow storm (possible top 20) Noon Wednesday-Noon Thursday Dec 16-17, 2020

wdrag

13 minutes ago, nycwinter said:

i think here in parts of manhattan and the bronx will get over a foot maybe 16 inches possible.

Not according to the graphics Drag posted....small chance, very small, of being over 12, and less than 50% chance of over 6. If I'm reading correctly. But that's from NWS. I'm near Staten Island and hope to eke out 6.Anything more will be bonus IMHO.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

Not according to the graphics Drag posted....small chance, very small, of being over 12, and less than 50% chance of over 6. If I'm reading correctly. But that's from NWS. I'm near Staten Island and hope to eke out 6.Anything more will be bonus IMHO.

lee golderg said nyc will be on the dividing line between 6-12 and 12-18 in northern parts of the city..

• Like 1

I don't love the new euro.  NNJ into Rockland...are we really gonna get dry slotted? Do I need to worry about not getting a foot? Insane how after all these days of Binghamtom looking like 3 to 6 inches, that they are going to score with 24+. Albany and Binghamton are like the Patriots (pre this year). They seem to always win. Even when they are looking really bad....they win 

3 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

Carteret, NJ

Wind starting to pick up here.

Moderate to heavy snow falling.

Estimated accumulation 3.5"-4.0"

Current temp 25/DP 22

Thank you for having the stones to go  out and measure; I had to go out to prop the gate up so it didn't blow down. Nasty doesn't begin to describe it....

5 minutes ago, KeithB said:

I don't love the new euro.  NNJ into Rockland...are we really gonna get dry slotted? Do I need to worry about not getting a foot? Insane how after all these days of Binghamtom looking like 3 to 6 inches, that they are going to score with 24+. Albany and Binghamton are like the Patriots (pre this year). They seem to always win. Even when they are looking really bad....they win 

I used to follow these storms a lot more closely 15 years ago when I used to live in the Scranton area, but my recollection is that Binghamton -always- won. To further your analogy, they'd finish the regular season 7-9, limp into the playoffs, and then find a way to win the big game. Ironically sort of like those NY Giants Super Bowl wins.

• Like 1

Absolutely pouring snow here in Pearl River New York. Outside the city here in Rockland County NY, Sweet Spot zone for sure!!
Agreed! Practically neighbors. Wife & I snow-watching with hot cocoa and can't see across the street. Magnificent!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kenavp said:

I used to follow these storms a lot more closely 15 years ago when I used to live in the Scranton area, but my recollection is that Binghamton -always- won. To further your analogy, they'd finish the regular season 7-9, limp into the playoffs, and then find a way to win the big game. Ironically sort of like those NY Giants Super Bowl wins.

My daughter was accepted to Binghamton and I really liked the small atmosphere there. But she wanted Ohio State, got in, then I talked her into Rutgers due to the whole pandemic mess. My reason was that she would likely be at home for the duration anyway. As an aside, Binghamton is one of the cloudiest places in the country.