joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Medium/Long Range Discussion

yoda

5 minutes ago, Ji said:

in coming blizzard on 18z gfs for Christmas Night

Suppressed.  Right where we want.

More seriously, I haven't really looked past tomorrow much for 4-5 days, but everything I've seen suggests we're not done with December snow chances.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

More seriously, I haven't really looked past tomorrow much for 4-5 days, but everything I've seen suggests we're not done with December snow chances.

at some point....la nina disaster stuff will probably overtake so we cant keep failing on these opportunites. Maybe we will get a January blizzard aka 1996 and Feb blowtorches ha

2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Might need it to be suppressed to Cuba to have a chance after what we have dealt with for tomorrow's storm.

7 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Looking at the entire 360 hour animation loop from the EPS shows several disturbances rotating under a block. Also looking colder as well.  By that time a better chance with temps I believe.  

45 minutes ago, baltosquid said:

Love how it loads up a second storm 2 days later, which also misses for the most part lol.

One thing about this area: It  hardly ever snows (beyond maybe an inch or less) between Dec 26th and the first few days of January. Something always seems to happen (like boxing day 2010...lol) The only time I know of that we got something measurable in that time frame was the December I was born (1990). Snowed a day or two after Christmas.

Not to say it CAN'T happen...but just for whatever reason, it's historically rare...so I automatically assume it won't and see our December snow window as Dec 1st-25th, lol But man, if we ever earned a legit white Christmas...it's this year!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic