• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Medium/Long Range Discussion

yoda

Really thinking that any SPV weakening / elongations / re-location, ie. to the Hudson Bay region for example, really benefits us in January versus other areas of the NH.  

Growing more likely something will happen, but to what degree is still uncertain. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

10 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

That always works out well for us! LOL.

This is gonna evolve into an epic (Arctic) anafrontal snow event- one of the highest probability ways to get snow around here. :rolleyes:

On quick glance I counted maybe 7-8 EPS members that produce a shot of snow during that period. Others have  rain showers presumably ahead of the front.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

24 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

WB 12Z EPS.  Signal seems strongest Day 15-20.  So we will see if it increases over the next week.

DA5B2DE0-453A-410A-836F-6842B67D7C02.png

F0C428E9-8D93-4D3A-8149-934CACB1513C.png

2BF6BD88-01CD-498B-9366-DD29CD7398BD.png

A972787B-9C76-401B-A5F5-1384E0465366.png

When the mean gets to 6 to 8 inches 6 to  7 days prior then we can get excited.  Last winter was a dismal showing with low odds and probabilities.

Getting 1 or 2 inches prior to December 31 st seems reasonable. The re-load in January may provide the real deal to us in this forum. 

10 minutes ago, frd said:

When the mean gets to 6 to 8 inches 6 to  7 days prior then we can get excited.  Last winter was a dismal showing with low odds and probabilities.

Getting 1 or 2 inches prior to December 31 st seems reasonable. The re-load in January may provide the real deal to us in this forum. 

yea we saw 1-2 inches last year  on the 15 day mean-----thats actually an awful map

2 minutes ago, Scraff said:

18z GFS for Monday seems to have been trending better for something maybe? I’ll let the pros dissect, but might be worth keeping an eye on. Toggle back to previous runs and see for yourself.

Yeah, I agree. Definitely worth an eye. GL lake kinda sucks, but maybe we can get a favorable trend this time?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Scraff said:

18z GFS for Monday seems to have been trending better for something maybe? I’ll let the pros dissect, but might be worth keeping an eye on. Toggle back to previous runs and see for yourself.

Yeah, that's much more interesting than the joke event at 66 hours -- not that I'm trashing the potential to see a little snow TV.

gfs_z500a_us_fh90_trend.thumb.gif.6d41a426c9fb6d84ba34c1cc833bba88.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, frd said:

Ying and Yang...... wonder what happens in the East between December 25 th and January 7 th 2021.

Honestly, if we can ditch any Aleutian low and get ridging up around AK, continue a -AO regime with even a neutral to slightly negative NAO... that’s a good look for us. The southern jet is active. I’m not quite sure why that is. My understanding is La Niña doesn’t feature the southern stream but I feel like this weak Nina to neutral ENSO state has kept the juice flowing. I like the period after the big (potential) cold period right after Xmas. Dive that AO down and have the NAO switch directions heading up. Good signal for a Miller b that can toe the line as NAO relaxes a bit.

2 hours ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

The NAO barely dropped below zero!

nao.sprd2.gif

NAO hanging around neutral isn’t a horrible look for us as long as AO goes negative and PNA isn’t a rager. One thing I’ve learned in the mid-Atlantic... a -AO is almost better then a -NAO because when the NAO goes real negative we get suppression. And NC wins. And that sucks

• Like 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic