Toothache
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

3 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

I wonder which one will be right...?  :unsure:

prateptype_cat_ecmwf.conus.png

prateptype_cat.conus.png

prateptype.conus.png

This is a trick question?   Because for anyone located in Westwood Ma, none of these matter - all dogshit -

hahaha..

kidding, I think the take away is that all major models and their ensembles are reserving that space in time as prone to significant events.    But I get the humor in asking the question ;)

14 minutes ago, adelphi_sky said:

I agree. I'm coming from the Mid-Atlantic for some of that good ole New England white powder for Christmas and I'm looking at rain. lol  I even bought snow tire chains. Thinking I need to ditch those and bring rain gear. :weep: :raining:

I haven’t used chains since moving here from CA.....they require them in the Sierra all the time mostly because it’s steep and the snowfall rates are so insane the plows can’t keep it clear and all those drivers from the lowlands who don’t know what they’re doing lol.....

40 minutes ago, adelphi_sky said:

I agree. I'm coming from the Mid-Atlantic for some of that good ole New England white powder for Christmas and I'm looking at rain. lol  I even bought snow tire chains. Thinking I need to ditch those and bring rain gear. :weep: :raining:

With two of us up here from the snow hell region, New England has no chance.

• Haha 1

In 2017, we were at our annual gtg at Clarke’s when Scooter and Will pull up the 84 hour NAM which was the first model showing a cold caddy high.   Prior to that it was a similar prog to the euro today.   Ended up being a cold and snowy xmas morning and icy turning to flakes xmas eve.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adelphi_sky said:

Keep the chains.  If it's as warm and wet as currently modeled, you may need them to get thru the mud.  :thumbsdown:

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

In 2017, we were at our annual gtg at Clarke’s when Scooter and Will pull up the 84 hour NAM which was the first model showing a cold caddy high.   Prior to that it was a similar prog to the euro today.   Ended up being a cold and snowy xmas morning and icy turning to flakes xmas eve.

That was a true Hollywood movie Christmas morning. In fact, the first for me. Never had snow like that on a Christmas morning. Quick 3” in like 90 minutes. Pounded. 

• Like 1