Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I don’t see it. We would need a low to develop as the front passes. For now, it looks like this happens to our west. Will be snow in western NY.  Absolutely sucks.

Yeah you need the northern stream to move way out ahead to get a frontal system to develop far enough east for us. That’s why we wanted the energy to bury southwest or at least lag big time. We haven’t gotten that. 

The better hope now is to keep the entire thing faster (ala keep trending like 06 GFS) which swings the whole thing through in like 12-18 hours. 

I suppose we can’t rule out a sudden change back to trying to bury the energy, but I’m skeptical given we couldn’t get that to occur during last night’s runs. 

I’ve accepted I’ll lose a lot of my pack, but it is Sunday morning so there is still the possibility of changes that could make it less extreme.  Then it gets cold and we’ll see what pops.  Fantastic winter conditions up here, and I’m enjoying it.  The pup just hops right into it.  I’m getting amazing glute and cardio workouts walking across fields and up hills.  Pretty awesome week really.

• Like 2

Just now, powderfreak said:

And only a couple days removed from a monster snowstorm.  It’s like no one is enjoying it, just focused on it disappearing, ha.

Likely because of the terrible year that 2020 has been.  For many the negative has far outweighed the positive this year.  Many people aren't in good moods to begin with so it doesn't take all that much to have people slip even further into depression and anger. 

6 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Likely because of the terrible year that 2020 has been.  For many the negative has far outweighed the positive this year.  Many people aren't in good moods to begin with so it doesn't take all that much to have people slip even further into depression and anger. 

Oh I know, it was more of a sarcastic comment. I remember one storm I think it was DIT, pounding like 1-2”/hr and posted mid-storm he couldn’t enjoy it because there was a rainer on the models 72 hours later.

Its definitely true in an almost funny way when you break it down... our happiness is controlled by a massive computer sitting in a basement pumping out weather progs.  Humans, what can you do?