Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Oct 29-30 snow threat

Typhoon Tip

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro looks like it's gonna be pretty good for some areas...esp CNE but also into SNE.

And so it begins... 

...the Euro crosses that critical temporal window where contrary to recent popular voice it tends to lay down the law ...and sees this, which is has been in play ( frankly ) for days - ... something's likely out of this.  Sorry 

I think we just went to yellow - ... still can't get detailed but present take -away is > 50% for transitioning system into a colder profile -

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

And so it begins... 

...the Euro crosses that critical temporal window where contrary to recent popular voice it tends to lay down the law ...and sees this, which is has been in play ( frankly ) for days - ... something's likely out of this.  Sorry 

I think we just went to yellow - ... still can't get detailed but present take -away is > 50% for transitioning system into a colder profile -

Great call on this.

9 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

congrats up north on the EURO, seems likely to be honest, I would expect maybe 1-3" as a win around here.

OH my yes  ... lol.  

But yeah... I mean, we're prior to Novie 1 and counting pennies at all is like celebrating a million bucks 30 years ago - enjoying the modern era anyone ?  

It's a HUGE relative win getting an inch ... let alone, there still some option on the table for more is only enabling avarice  - just sayn'

That would be absolutely nightmare driving if it plays out like that...it's showing basically a flash freeze late afternoon/early evening across a chunk of the interior. Not typically what you see in October snow systems. It's a very cold airmass getting drawn in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

That would be absolutely nightmare driving if it plays out like that...it's showing basically a flash freeze late afternoon/early evening across a chunk of the interior. Not typically what you see in October snow systems. It's a very cold airmass getting drawn in.

I'm supposed to be going to Greenwich CT Friday evening. I don't want to go, so I hope it snows lol 

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

As modeled is this turning to snow Friday into night? Would it go to powder?

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Amped said:

Euro looks strange  between 90 and 96 hrs.   The low is racing NE and then suddenly takes a jog back to the SW and weakens.    I can see it slowing down or taking a turn to the SE,   but the SW movement doesn't make sense in a fast flow.

Is the upper system capturing?

Haven't looked..just speculating. There is a lot of energy phasing...

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Sometimes this happens... If we're going to dump over the threshold into an exotic SD scenario ... usually the conventions fly out the door and the region just gets the shit kicked out of them.  This "could be that" - ... having it got to lightning and thunderclap, blue-tinted dusk in 5-7" of parachutes, then...fast clearing by 9pm with starlight radiational crazy glue dymonds - I just friggin joked about that ..I think to "Hoth" ?   ... now the Euro tries to do that exact joke ?  

I'm heading out for a lottery ticket... lord

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Something like that...  In this case, it's really the very powerful Q-G forcing nosing over the Bite region S of LI...and that UVM forcing triggers a redevelopment back SW along the baroclinic axis. 

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Sometimes this happens... If we're going to dump over the threshold into an exotic SD scenario ... usually the conventions fly out the door and the region just gets the shit kicked out of them.  This "could be that" - ... having it got to lightning and thunderclap, blue-tinted dusk in 5-7" of parachutes, then...fast clearing by 9pm with starlight radiational crazy glue dymonds - I just friggin joked about that ..I think to "Hoth" ?   ... now the Euro tries to do that exact joke ?  

That scenario reminds me of Dec 9, 2005...not saying this is a redux...

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Hey, my old boss won $200 million in October '11 after the storm. Most of CT had no power, but Greenwich did. Go figure. Dude was already loaded too. 

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It's the ULL forming a new system and Zeta getting ripped apart.   CMC and even the Ukmet show Zeta being ripped apart over the apps.    I think the Euro holds onto Zeta too long.   It's not going to cross the apps and still be a 988mb low.