• Member Statistics

    16,260
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    PoZitron20
    Newest Member
    PoZitron20
    Joined
Bostonseminole

November 2020 Discussion

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Is this supposed to be a forum of optimism or is it mostly negative pessimism. I'm about to ditch this forum. I've been on a few others and there is definitely more of discussions on what may happen for the Winter months with optimism. To many poeple on here like to " Poke the coals " and make this forum not an enjoyable place to discuss weather. Some of y'all are ruining it for the rest. 

All this over a days getting longer post?  Good thing LL isn't still here

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, radarman said:

All this over a days getting longer post?  Good thing LL isn't still here

No..it's not just that post... There were several that seemed that pecimistic and negative. No matter. I'm done with my rant. On to bigger and better things..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Also, that post may be optimism for some too. Optimism is subjective. 

Very true...but Dews is a big time Nest Poking  spoon..plain and simple.  
 

And it takes most(2/3) of the winter before any ramping up of sun angle actually plays any role whatsoever. He knows that..but just poked the nest,  as always with that guy. 
 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

No..it's not just that post... There were several that seemed that pecimistic and negative. No matter. I'm done with my rant. On to bigger and better things..

Well one can argue pessimism is more realistic vs optimism, if you believe long range models and forecasts for the season.  If you want optimism 24/7, you can always strap on your footie pajamas and log onto accuweather forums. 

Most mets on here give their honest thoughts. If you want to follow them and weed out the noise, I’d suggest doing that. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WinterWolf said:

Very true...but Dews is a big time Nest Poking  spoon..plain and simple.  
 

And it takes most(2/3) of the winter before any ramping up of sun angle actually plays any role whatsoever. He knows that..but just poked the nest,  as always with that guy. 
 

You guys are east to rile up. :lol: 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah anything before 12/5ish is probably going to have very little cold air. Best bet is post-12/10 on that look. 

Hopefully NNE and upstate NY can get an event or two before that though. It’s in our best interest to lay down some pack there.  

Getting a nice winter storm today. Could end up with a good 4-6" by tonight but it'll melt by mid week. The storm later this month is intriguing. If it pans out, I wouldn't be surprised to see our first widespread lake effect snow outbreak. That would lay down a nice snow pack across the Lakes area.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You guys are east to rile up. :lol: 

Not anymore I’m not(used to be yes), but Dews is a Spoon. And I can see why Snowcrazed was irritated.  Fun is great..we have it here and it’s all good.

But sometimes folks come in to see some actual discussion about what is  possibly coming down the road...and aren’t in the mood for dumb stuff like ridiculous sun angle posts on November 22. Ya sure it’s no big deal, but he did that for just one reason...and sometimes some folks just aren’t in the mood.   So I’m glad that Snowcrazed gave it back some...it was deserved.

As I mentioned a few days back, maybe we start changing things up some, just as our climo starts to kick in here in SNE? That’d be nice. 

 

 

  • Weenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Well one can argue pessimism is more realistic vs optimism, if you believe long range models and forecasts for the season.  If you want optimism 24/7, you can always strap on your footie pajamas and log onto accuweather forums. 

Most mets on here give their honest thoughts. If you want to follow them and weed out the noise, I’d suggest doing that. 

Accuweather forums are gone pal..been gone for about a year now. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Well one can argue pessimism is more realistic vs optimism, if you believe long range models and forecasts for the season.  If you want optimism 24/7, you can always strap on your footie pajamas and log onto accuweather forums. 

Most mets on here give their honest thoughts. If you want to follow them and weed out the noise, I’d suggest doing that. 

Lol.  Accuweather forums are gone man... For quite sometime. Anyway.. The people I were referring to were Dr Dews and Damage in Tolland mostly, and I dont believe either are Mets. Anyway... I'm staying on. Once we get that first storm we can all track, I do believe the excitement level will erase all pessimism. :-)

  • Weenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Just over 6 months till summer.

Less than 7 months until the sun angle decreases from its peak. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Is this supposed to be a forum of optimism or is it mostly negative pessimism. I'm about to ditch this forum. I've been on a few others and there is definitely more of discussions on what may happen for the Winter months with optimism. To many poeple on here like to " Poke the coals " and make this forum not an enjoyable place to discuss weather. Some of y'all are ruining it for the rest. 

How is dark, cold, gloomy, wet wx optimistic?  :facepalm:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Lol.  Accuweather forums are gone man... For quite sometime. Anyway.. The people I were referring to were Dr Dews and Damage in Tolland mostly, and I dont believe either are Mets. Anyway... I'm staying on. Once we get that first storm we can all track, I do believe the excitement level will erase all pessimism. :-)

We already had our first winter event, 10/30. Perhaps last

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Things actually don't look horrific for early December.

Definite +PNA signal with some ridging extending into AO/NAO regions & less piggish near Alaska. 

Gonna take some time though to reload Canada. First week of December will probably be a furnace across the CONUS even if we’re starting to see some changes in the PAC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah anything before 12/5ish is probably going to have very little cold air. Best bet is post-12/10 on that look. 

Hopefully NNE and upstate NY can get an event or two before that though. It’s in our best interest to lay down some pack there.  

Basically serviceable look establishes itself when climo does. Not awful.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Okay.. But.. We seem to have model agreement from several of the big players that the Polar vortex will split, and from mid month December on, we could see some cold temps and possible snow events. Explain that one. And PS ... You're actually using the NWS and going with their forecast?? Okay..lol

Model consensus that the PV will split?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.