Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Death of DroughtStein Discussion

Bostonseminole

7 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

You banged the right drum on this one. Drought may not be totally over in some areas, but a dent has been put in it with more rain on the horizon. 

Originally was too high on rainfall, but the models really changed synoptically on that. I guess the main idea was trying to tell our swamp people in TAN that 0.10" in this was LOL.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Oh so you don't do the daily snow report and work for the resort anymore?

No I do the morning report part-time and my buddy Andre does it the other days.  It's complicated, ha.  I work for the resort still, full-time year round.  I do many different things, it keeps me alive to be flexible.  Food and Beverage is the only department I haven't worked in basically... marketing, operations, facilities, etc.  I'm no one-trick pony which has seemed to help me navigate the transition of companies.  Now I'm in Rental/Retail Operations management, taking advantage of lots of product gear testing, chatting with reps, etc.

• Like 2

Just now, Bostonseminole said:

? I thought lots of folks got over 1"

We're in the post-mortem "let me spin my narrative from before the storm" phase of the event....I gotta give Kevin props to this part because he's skilled at it being the crafty salesman he is. It starts several days before the events where he's questioning whether people will get much of anything at all with everything to the west "just like previous events", and then he massages the expectations to the point where widespread 0.50-1.25" across SNE is a massive bust.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

We're in the post-mortem "let me spin my narrative from before the storm" phase of the event....I gotta give Kevin props to this part because he's skilled at it being the crafty salesman he is. It starts several days before the events where he's questioning whether people will get much of anything at all with everything to the west "just like previous events", and then he massages the expectations to the point where widespread 0.50-1.25" across SNE is a massive bust.

yeah, I mean most got a nice drink, not everyone but more chances in the horizon.. just don't look at the new GFS.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Well when forecasts here had 2-4” lolli 5” .. under an inch certainly isn’t going to be celebrated to any great degree 

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

All the while negating the morality of deception douchery alone the way -

32 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

No I do the morning report part-time and my buddy Andre does it the other days.  It's complicated, ha.  I work for the resort still, full-time year round.  I do many different things, it keeps me alive to be flexible.  Food and Beverage is the only department I haven't worked in basically... marketing, operations, facilities, etc.  I'm no one-trick pony which has seemed to help me navigate the transition of companies.  Now I'm in Rental/Retail Operations management, taking advantage of lots of product gear testing, chatting with reps, etc.

Awesome man you are certainly a true ambassador of the resort and sport