Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Death of DroughtStein Discussion

Bostonseminole

16 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I don't understand why the Met community disses those wind products over and over when they keep being close to reality in big events. They are an extremely valuable tool. 

20200930_110431.jpg

20200930_110439.jpg

20200930_110448.jpg

Because they’re pure trash over the interior. CON, MHT, and PSM were all in the 30s. 

30 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Because they’re pure trash over the interior. CON, MHT, and PSM were all in the 30s. 

Yeah they can be ok near the coastline sometimes, but the interior values are hilarious...how many times have we seen hurricane force gusts over the interior on those products? I think it was the April windstorm, the Euro had like 90mph gusts over a chunk of the interior. :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I think it worked out well. We saved lives in TAN after telling them expect a good half inch or more. Looks like near 1" in Tolland on the mesos? Or at least 5 miles NW of them. BDL 1.2". Hiipy over 2".  We knew. 

You banged the right drum on this one. Drought may not be totally over in some areas, but a dent has been put in it with more rain on the horizon. 

13 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

not you I hope

Nope I moved out of there, just part-time contract work with marketing.  Marketing and Sales was moving further away from skiing and I need to get out daily.  I bounce around, currently in Rental/Retail Operations.  Just sell marketing photos and measure their snow on the side.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Nope I moved out of there, just part-time contract work with marketing.  Marketing and Sales was moving further away from skiing and I need to get out daily.  I’m still good.  Just sell them photos and measure their snow lol.

Oh so you don't do the daily snow report and work for the resort anymore?