Total Members
    Most Online
    UHF120HzWave
    Newest Member
    UHF120HzWave
September Discobs 2020

George BM

25 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I agree with this one part in particular. The dark part. You can plant seed in bare soil, cover part of it with straw and leave the other part uncovered and the covered seed will immediately germinate while the uncovered either won’t germinate at all or will be very slow to do so. That darkness matters for seed that is not fully covered by soil.

Try spreading peat moss over the seeded bare area.  Peat moss keeps the soil more moist and has additional nutrients compared to straw.  Takes a lot more to blow it away too compared to straw.  I've had good luck with it in the past.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RDM said:

Try spreading peat moss over the seeded bare area.  Peat moss keeps the soil more moist and has additional nutrients compared to straw.  Takes a lot more to blow it away too compared to straw.  I've had good luck with it in the past.  

This is what I use. Its a bit pricey when you have a larger area to do(like I just did) but it is very effective and I despise straw, so worth it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CAPE said:

1.10" total here. Glad it 'underperformed'.

10.25" for Sept

Underperformed here as well with , cough cough ....1. 75 inches.  Bring on the sun and lower dews.  

My area remains a hot spot for enhanced rainfall.  Hope that becomes enhanced snowfall in a few months. 

• H2O unpinned this topic