Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    16,786
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Celticsfan874
    Newest Member
    Celticsfan874
    Joined

September Discobs 2020


George BM
 Share

Recommended Posts

 

This recent cool to cold period in our area is even more impressive when you consider it bucks the trend of the last 10 years, and also counters what in our area is the month with the most warming compared to normal during the past 30 years.  Indeed, as mentioned before,  the warm Atlantic has extended the summer well into October many times here recently. Many locations have set record highs late in the warm season on the periphery of the warm Western Atlantic waters/ WAR .   

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, frd said:

 

This recent cool to cold period in our area is even more impressive when you consider it bucks the trend of the last 10 years, and also counters what in our area is the month with the most warming compared to normal during the past 30 years.  Indeed, as mentioned before,  the warm Atlantic has extended the summer well into October many times here recently. Many locations have set record highs late in the warm season on the periphery of the warm Western Atlantic waters/ WAR .   

 

Nice map- the summer creep into September is for real here.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, frd said:

 

This recent cool to cold period in our area is even more impressive when you consider it bucks the trend of the last 10 years, and also counters what in our area is the month with the most warming compared to normal during the past 30 years.  Indeed, as mentioned before,  the warm Atlantic has extended the summer well into October many times here recently. Many locations have set record highs late in the warm season on the periphery of the warm Western Atlantic waters/ WAR .  

 

Interesting map but its odd that counties in the upper Midwest bordering each other have January and July results.  It'd make more sense if the months were close to each other.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, frd said:

I have followed the PNA, EPO, NAO and AO for decades, but this is one crazy drop and rebound for the PNA. If true, expect some interesting weather. 

 

604714737_pna.sprd2(1).thumb.gif.1b3682fef6d4209df9bb8fab63275c25.gif

When I look at that all I see is the long stretch of positive PNA and just knowing that’s about to flip negative for about 6 months

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@WinterWxLuvr to possible improve your perceptions, away from the PNA and looking for at least some positives for the upcoming winter I give you this ( below ) . Like to see this November,  but I will take what I can given the latest climate model outlooks for the upcoming winter.  

Posting this here, versus the winter thread,  because it is happening now and also to go along with your comment about the PNA. 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, frd said:

@WinterWxLuvr to possible improve your perceptions, away from the PNA and looking for at least some positives for the upcoming winter I give you this ( below ) . Like to see this November,  but I will take what I can given the latest climate model outlooks for the upcoming winter.  

Posting this here, versus the winter thread,  because it is happening now and also to go along with your comment about the PNA. 

 

 

LOL. What a hack this dude is. He pulls this shit every year. No, there is no proven connection between a -AO/NAO in Sept and October, and what may transpire in the HL region in December and beyond. Its a crapshoot, and based on recent winters, and prospects for a moderate a NINA this winter, odds are this wont work out too well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, CAPE said:

 

LOL. What a hack this dude is. He pulls this shit every year. No, there is no proven connection between a -AO/NAO in Sept and October, and what may transpire in the HL region in December and beyond. Its a crapshoot, and based on recent winters, and prospects for a moderate a NINA this winter, odds are this wont work out too well.

I assume you are referring to  " I take credit where I shouldn't Judah Cohen " ?  

His part of the message here was attached as a reply to Simmon , however, Simmon Lee is rather sensible and much more proficient than Judah.  

Simmon knows his stuff. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, frd said:

 

This recent cool to cold period in our area is even more impressive when you consider it bucks the trend of the last 10 years, and also counters what in our area is the month with the most warming compared to normal during the past 30 years.  Indeed, as mentioned before,  the warm Atlantic has extended the summer well into October many times here recently. Many locations have set record highs late in the warm season on the periphery of the warm Western Atlantic waters/ WAR .   

 

So what are the teleconnections or factors producing the early autumn this year?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Still waiting for the return of the stink bugs. Haven't see one yet. Maybe nature has adapted. Can only hope.

I personally think they are moving south as time progresses. I know here they are much less populous than they were 8 or so years ago. I also know that there was a time when my sister who lives in Knoxville had never heard of them but now is overrun with them.

We can only hope

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I personally think they are moving south as time progresses. I know here they are much less populous than they were 8 or so years ago. I also know that there was a time when my sister who lives in Knoxville had never heard of them but now is overrun with them.

We can only hope

Definitely less around.  I remember the first year or 2 of there vacation here there wasn't an attic around I didn't encounter 100s of them.  I even saw a couple electrical panels filled completely and shorted out the bus bar lol :lightning:

Hopefully good riddance 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Definitely less around.  I remember the first year or 2 of there vacation here there wasn't an attic around I didn't encounter 100s of them.  I even saw a couple electrical panels filled completely and shorted out the bus bar lol :lightning:

Hopefully good riddance 

Meanwhile, cicada storms are around the corner. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Seems the stink bugs reached some equilibrium with the ecosystem. Hopefully the spotted lantern flies do the same down the road because they’re coming and the reports from PA ssssuuucccckkkk.

Invasive species from Asia have done enough damage that you’d think we’d spend a good bit of effort to stop it. 
 

After 4 billion chesnut trees, all the ash trees, the stink bugs, now this one you’d think we might pay closer attention.

Interesting that with both of these, their first documented appearance was in Pa.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H2O unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...