Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

2 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

The home gatherings/parties are a significant source of spread, but it's obviously harder to control those unless you go into a draconian lockdown.

Even then, good luck-it worked in March/April b/c there was alot of unknown and fear.   Different story this go around...

• Like 1

I think people are generally doing the best they can, these holidays will probably mark a year since a lot of family members have seen each other.

We are dealing with planning a safe gathering right now. It’s been scaled down a ton and is being held at my home (biggest space) and will more than likely involve masks when not eating, in addition to windows and doors being open regardless of temp.

53 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I think people are generally doing the best they can, these holidays will probably mark a year since a lot of family members have seen each other.

We are dealing with planning a safe gathering right now. It’s been scaled down a ton and is being held at my home (biggest space) and will more than likely involve masks when not eating, in addition to windows and doors being open regardless of temp.

As long as the shades are closed with how warm it will be. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, radarman said:

Yeah with only 99.3% of W MA ICU beds not occupied by Covid patients and 1 new confirmed case in Hampshire county something had to be done statewide

Come on man, you know nothing exists W of Worcester as far as the all Eastern Ma crowd is concerned. 

Baystate Franklin in Greenfield currently has zero patients with Covid. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Come on man, you know nothing exists W of Worcester.

Baystate Franklin in Greenfield currently has zero patients with Covid. 

Yep, 2 in ICU in the entire Baystate system.

https://www.wwlp.com/news/health/coronavirus-local-impact/baystate-health-42-hospitalized-patients-with-covid-19-2-in-icu/

Zero in the Cooley Dickinson system.  And as far as I can tell zero in any other systems out here.

1 hour ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Hoping for a winter with minimal snow and cold.

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Me too. I didn’t like today. 

Different story, at least for me. I want tons of snow so all outdoor recreation option are on the table.  An extended mud/stick season does no one any good up here. It’s not like with a crappy winter I can golf or a lot of other outdoor stuff. I don’t need vodka cold though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yeah. It would be good if they would target this stuff more precisely.   

I walked my dog around our entire hood this afternoon (freakin’ cold) without a mask. We saw...no one.  Maybe some kids playing in a yard.      I don’t think they will arrest me

I'm not wearing my mask outside while walking my dog.....I don't care what charlie says lol.

9 hours ago, mreaves said:

Different story, at least for me. I want tons of snow so all outdoor recreation option are on the table.  An extended mud/stick season does no one any good up here. It’s not like with a crappy winter I can golf or a lot of other outdoor stuff. I don’t need vodka cold though. 

Oh I want winter, big time, but it can start on Dec 1st....not Nov 10th. Another month of nice weather with minimal oil use is just fine. 

5 hours ago, blizzard24 said:

watch the supreme court in nov  to hear the mask orders dont be surprise they strike it down . im dem but doesnt agree with orders of ct gov i many people dont either and in the state senate they might stop his orders soon .

Please wear your seat belt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

My building has been used as a polling place for at least 10-12 years.  I've never seen the parking lot so full on election day or the lines to wait... and that's after Mass has had a record number of early voters... and the weather is good at least!

Looks like turnout will be really good this cycle (which makes sense). It’ll be interesting to see the splits with who voted early, by mail, and on Election Day. A lot of pundits trying to find meaning in that data but I’m not so sure. 

• Like 1