Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

5 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

NH Governor to have a news conference at 3pm.  Perhaps we will finally have a state wide mask mandate.  Good thing is that I am seeing near 100% compliance now.  It was only around 75% in my area around Labor Day

Just got back from Nebraska hunting.  Mask wearing was around 10%, maybe 5%

• Like 1

Ditch the surgical masks and go with some KN95's on ebay (I like the Powecom ones). Can get them for abou $1.50 or $2.00 a pop at most...and you can re-use. Surgical or cloth masks might work somewhat on droplets, but near useless for airbone covid. I've always thought this though, and not just saying it because of the Danish study. 

1 minute ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Ditch the surgical masks and go with some KN95's on ebay (I like the Powecom ones). Can get them for abou $1.50 or $2.00 a pop at most...and you can re-use. Surgical or cloth masks might work somewhat on droplets, but near useless for airbone covid. I've always thought this though, and not just saying it because of the Danish study. 

All these designer face coverings are the rage, But basically useless, But if the placebo affect makes you feel better, Go for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Yes KN95 the way to go.  Mine have the tent design so they don't press up against your mouth.  Even my local Staples was selling them.  Didn't like the white one's so just ordered black on Amazon.  Got to man up in NNE

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

All these designer face coverings are the rage, But basically useless, But if the placebo affect makes you feel better, Go for it.

They are useful if most people wear them (as they will limit the horizontal projection of virus when someone breaths out or coughs)....but if there's someone near you not wearing a mask, then the cloth ones won't help much.

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

They are useful if most people wear them (as they will limit the horizontal projection of virus when someone breaths out or coughs)....but if there's someone near you not wearing a mask, then the cloth ones won't help much.

I see more wearing them incorrectly which you might as well not wear them at all, They cover there mouth but not there nose, Or walk around with them under there chin.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

The Danish study has a lot of issues...it didn't address the main driver that masks protect others from you...only the other way around. While it wasn't scientifically significant there was a 23 percent reduction in infections in the mask group. You might just say its underpowered. The lab type fluid dynamic studies do support the basic premise that masks are efficacious. 

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

NH Governor to have a news conference at 3pm.  Perhaps we will finally have a state wide mask mandate.  Good thing is that I am seeing near 100% compliance now.  It was only around 75% in my area around Labor Day

Closing everything but ski resorts . Stimulus to be used for snow making 

• Haha 5
  • Weenie 1

For people who want to open everything up. IF the scenario was: "Open everything. But masks and social distancing are mandatory" would that be ok?

I've come around on this. I think I'm now team open everything with mandatory mask and social distancing requirements. At least until the vaccine is widely available to >80% of population or something. Note: I said available, not 80% stuck with the needle.

I'll gladly wait on the vaccine. I'm perfectly happy wearing my mask and social distancing.

2 hours ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

For people who want to open everything up. IF the scenario was: "Open everything. But masks and social distancing are mandatory" would that be ok?

I've come around on this. I think I'm now team open everything with mandatory mask and social distancing requirements. At least until the vaccine is widely available to >80% of population or something. Note: I said available, not 80% stuck with the needle.

I'll gladly wait on the vaccine. I'm perfectly happy wearing my mask and social distancing.

that would still preclude many events from behing able to open, broadway, concerts, sporting events  etc