wxeyeNH

Hurricane Isaias

Interesting cell NW of here/lowell by a few miles. A bit gusty in the wake of that.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Will pick up again. That was pretty good I thought. Could hear stuff popping.

If it doesn't pick up again here, it has nothing on that wind event in what was it, March?

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Ha, ha, I’ll take back my meh’ comments.  Seems to be gusting solidly into the 40s right now in downtown Greenfield. 

I was saying the same thing them Bam! sideways rain then when the sun came out the wind was pretty good. My yard is a mess with branches, no trees down yet.

Power out here in west Hartford....genny on and we’re all set....some pics

First one Is outside my house.....I watched it fall....the rest in the neighborhood

FB3048AD-3992-4B66-AE26-3CC91F2B68F8.jpeg.cfee0ca5529a32e227b9a3e947bbdce1.jpeg62EDFD96-BC9D-40C5-8EA3-BEFC934DBF39.jpeg.dbda5590b7fb56bca545c3f3260a138d.jpeg889725EE-8074-4D20-A3EF-0EF5CEA6A30B.jpeg.f8f7857b99cf0473915d4c48b5e580ac.jpeg362DAD4E-078B-41E1-B438-BA25436D6FDA.jpeg.e5b1faff4f5877dc3ae03572178262e1.jpegE79E12BD-5B86-462F-AD6B-9D109378D801.jpeg.a10884b63c5c0ebbdbcfefeaeb5826be.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

An aside, watch out for bee stings where it was particularly windy with damage. They be angry :o

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I still think most people under-estimate how strong 40mph is with full foliage.  That's pretty solid to get 40mph measured in an apple orchard.  Legit 40s in interior New England is more than enough to take some branches down.

How about when a 100 foot Hickory bends halfway over? Damn these winds are nutz. 50 plus 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I was saying the same thing them Bam! sideways rain then when the sun came out the wind was pretty good. My yard is a mess with branches, no trees down yet.

Your area got pretty hard, listening to Webster/Dudley now on the scanner and they are busy

35 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

A friend of mine was there and was in a parking lot and said something strange happened...like a sucking and he looked and leaves and water going up in the air. He said something about some guy getting sucked in and he had to pull him...

Did they try to hide in a barn but it was full of slaughtering equipment so they went and strapped themselves to a well and fell back in love?

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

They warned a lot less fishier cells than that one

Really want to see those cells cutting west to maximize low level shear, so that could be why they let that go.

Just now, OceanStWx said:

Really want to see those cells cutting west to maximize low level shear, so that could be why they let that go.

Gotcha. Thanks for the explanation. 

Saw on news 12 there is extensive damage in Westport and a citizen they interview they thought it was a tornado. I remember there was a tornado warning at one point there too. Was there anything confirmed or was it just strong winds? 

My neighbor is a lineman for Eversource. They can't start working until the winds die down for obvious safety reasons. Going to be awhile if you don't have power. 

This storm was worth staying up for the Euro every night.

It would have been nice to see some flooding rains  with the wind but beggers can't  be choosers.

Onto the next one.

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 2