Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

11 hours ago, HimoorWx said:

Warm water at Head of the Meadow in Truro yesterday. Must have been close to 70 which is bath water for the Outer Cape. 20200729_162247.thumb.jpg.296388b56aea2ba2e6ca29bbecfdb203.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Haaaad, nice.  I'll be somewhere on the outcape tomorrow....only beaches you can bring a dog. Even then race point is closed to dogs due to some bird 

29 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Nice thunderstorm passed right over.  Weakened just as it got to me but still some gusty winds and .30" .    Another shower now approaching  

Nice. I was watching that storm pass right over you and Eek.

25 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Nice screw job over scooter in Weymouth. 

It makes me guilty when I complain about missing showers when I see so many to my south complaining about brown grass and posting dehydrangeas.

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Nice. I was watching that storm pass right over you and Eek.

It makes me guilty when I complain about missing showers when I see so many to my south complaining about brown grass and posting dehydrangeas.

:lol:.... I’m the only house on my street without irrigation and you really can’t tell the difference anymore. Folks running their sprinkler systems for 20 minutes a zone aren’t getting much accomplished currently.

2 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

:lol:.... I’m the only house on my street without irrigation and you really can’t tell the difference anymore. Folks running their sprinkler systems for 20 minutes a zone aren’t getting much accomplished currently.

Even the purple highway grass has come out in SE MA!!! Too early for that. 

Wow... I was just looking at the 00z Euro's coarser synoptic progression ( 24-hrly intervals..) over at PSU E-wall... and noted that thermal ridge bulging up along and astride the eastern seaboard at 48 hours ...and immediately I thought, that must be a sneaky very torrid day on Monday.

So, I went to Pivotal and looked at the 2-meter DPs and they are indeed between 75 and 80 ... in the Euro!  A model that - at least from my experience - tends to be dry in the BL ...

man ... meanwhile we bathe, the 850 mb overhead is 19C over Worcester nearing 00z, Monday evening.  Jeez, with DPs in the 2-meter of 74 to 78 F all over SNE... ?!    zomb...