Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

13 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Ginx was a frequent contributor there.  
Glad you found a new Pit1.  Is it also a fixer upper?

I'll have to keep my eyes out for more of AMWX folks.

Thanks about the house.  It's old (1780) but it's already been fixed up.  At least that's how it appears--we have the inspection on Thursday.  :)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I'll have to keep my eyes out for more of AMWX folks.

Thanks about the house.  It's old (1780) but it's already been fixed up.  At least that's how it appears--we have the inspection on Thursday.  :)

I’m sitting in my daughter’s piano teacher’s house (well, outside). It is from 1762.  Floorboards 18” wide. Giant hearth.  

Mid month looks warmer than normal.

American teleconnectors suggest so...and the EPS mean almost has -AAM look to it with stretched super-synoptic wave scaling.   Has a double node ridge expanded from Colorado to Bermuda on D10...and rising height through. 

Look at the D7-10 GGEM operational, with a mega ridge and E to SE BL flow everywhere east of Chicago and S of Ontario - ...pretty strong argument for an expanded HC.   That's a trade flow on the continent - I mean...it's the GGEM so taken for what it's worth.

Anyway, if not heat wave results out of that... probably hearing insect saws with shirts stuck to moist backs either way

31 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Mid month looks warmer than normal.

American teleconnectors suggest so...and the EPS mean almost has -AAM look to it with stretched super-synoptic wave scaling.   Has a double node ridge expanded from Colorado to Bermuda on D10...and rising height through. 

Look at the D7-10 GGEM operational, with a mega ridge and E to SE BL flow everywhere east of Chicago and S of Ontario - ...pretty strong argument for an expanded HC.   That's a trade flow on the continent - I mean...it's the GGEM so taken for what it's worth.

Anyway, if not heat wave results out of that... probably hearing insect saws with shirts stuck to moist backs either way

Just now, Whineminster said:

You guys do live in SE MA which is typically dry in the summer, no? I know the Cape is always ultra dry in the summer.  Tindery. 

Avg near 4" of rain each month. Recent summers locally have been dry. The Cape is feast or famine. They are prone to heavy rain events too. 

48 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Avg near 4" of rain each month. Recent summers locally have been dry. The Cape is feast or famine. They are prone to heavy rain events too. 

I feel like you guys get 0” or 8” in a summer month with a river of moisture training over SE SNE from the ocean.  But you don’t do just the sustained 1”/week for 4”/month that averages show. 

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

I feel like you guys get 0” or 8” in a summer month with a river of moisture training over SE SNE from the ocean.  But you don’t do just the sustained 1”/week for 4”/month that averages show. 

I mean many summers have aftn storms. But honestly the last several years have been ridge of death with every s/w bouncing off and shooting into Quebec. I blame Tip.