• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    LostInSomers
    Newest Member
    LostInSomers

July Discobs 2020

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

South side of Fredrock down to DC look inline . Hopefully overnight convection materializes. 

Mby hasn't been hit flush in weeks . 

I’m right there with you. I came home this afternoon to .20” from yesterday’s miss. 

• Like 1

Wow has it been pouring. Over 1.6" rain in one hour. 

had some serious concerns about basement flooding. Backdoor drain was at its max

• Like 2

Prince Frederick WX may get to that double-digit rainfall for the month, tonight if this makes it east....I am at 7.8" for this month....that's a lot of red just to my west.

3 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Super close strikes to my house. What a night.

i've been getting fringed lol, but i have some faith for backbuilding since this is an actual system moving through

Radar suddenly lit up all around the DC area. It's been a strobe light here with loud thunder and rain since it got dark. Looks like a loud night ahead. I love these kind of summer nights. 

1 hour ago, DCTeacherman said:

It would be hard to overstate the amount of lightning I’m seeing to my south from takoma park.  Saw some incredible gigantic Zeus bolts. 

It almost looked like on the radar that two different cells crashed into one another going different directions, I can imagine that leads to quite a bit of electricity build up.  Jealous of all the lightning. :)

9 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Radar starting to feel the added vorticity coming across WV through Va ...blossoming it appears  

losing a bit of that cape, though.  i'm assuming it's gonna be hit or miss the next few hours.

Only 0.12" here overnight.

Looks like that shortwave moving in from the west, as the front sinks south, should get some steadier rain/convection going this morning.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Nice rains on east side of Columbia. Looks like the northern end of the DC storm built to the NE. 

That dumped 0.5” in 30mins last night. Thunder and lightning show from the DC storms and then the ones that developed over us was just wild. Haven’t seen anything like that in a long time.

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Only 0.12" here overnight.

Looks like that shortwave moving in from the west, as the front sinks south, should get some steadier rain/convection going this morning.

.12” here too, with a meager .32” for these last two days that I had high hopes for, and still less than an inch for July. I guess this is payback for getting the goods in June.