• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    LostInSomers
    Newest Member
    LostInSomers

July Discobs 2020

That bowing segment looks pretty weak now. Have to see what happens as it crosses the bay. Maybe some cold pool/outflow redevelopment. Otherwise it looks like it could  be pretty uneventful for this area.

The Greensboro-Goldsboro split is underway!

• Weenie 1

21 minutes ago, H2O said:

Oh and what’s the temp drop people are seeing?  

my high temp was 95. Now down to 73. 

22° drop. Awesome

93.6 to 71.4, so the same 22 degrees.  I cracked my window to listen to the storm and now I've left it open.

3 minutes ago, CAPE said:

That bowing segment looks pretty weak now. Have to see what happens as it crosses the bay. Maybe some cold pool/outflow redevelopment. Otherwise it looks like it could  be pretty uneventful for this area.

The Greensboro-Goldsboro split is underway!

Yeah, was a letdown when it passed over us, just west of Annapolis. Bit surprised. 

24 minutes ago, CAPE said:

It could evolve that way. I'm ok if it misses. Scored decently last night, and tomorrow looks promising.

I see Talbot County just got a severe warning for the storms currently breaking up over the Bay ... Pretty typical for this area

Still 91 here... i want some rain... looks like it will slide to the north of us, unless the furthest part gets some strength to come this way... if you’re listening storm, there’s plenty of food in the air over here!

Oh and what’s the temp drop people are seeing?  

my high temp was 95. Now down to 73. 

22° drop. Awesome

Similar to you. Was 95 in Alexandria. 4cddd04d814575d1f7b9fc753c6ba451.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Looks like the city of Baltimore is getting some torrential rain.

Indeed we are! We've gotten skirted by the storms the past few weeks...so it's nice to see it hit us right on the nose this time!

• Like 1

Nothing crazy here but did just have a good rumble even though the storms are well east of me now. Nice rain today though to piggyback the storm I got yesterday. Should help green things up a bit.

Electricity went out in storm here in northern AVA around 3:30 pm. I had to find Dominion Virginia outage number  so called around 3:50 pm to notify of our address. I looked on my iPhone at their site, they said 50,000 out in NOVA. My city had about 5000 out. It was a whopping thunder and lightening storm here. We had a generator on and back up sump batteries but still I am always anxious when electricity will return. Well it did at like 5:10 pm. Very thankful to Dominion Virginia crew. It doesn't look to bad outside wrt thunderclouds right now.

At 5:25 one Thunder was as loud as I’ve ever experienced

i was in a parking lot and it reverbed off the buildings and was like giant symbols crashing

anybody else experience it?

1.4” so far today. Still raining

• Weenie 1

Just now, JakkelWx said:

Pathetic storm IMO

Last night was better for sure. Its raining. Bottom line for me. I had my severe experience a week and a half ago. Just got those trees cut up- stacked and waiting for better weather to split it.

0.45" here so far, and exactly an inch over the last 2 days. I'll take it.

Perfect evening for my gardens. No severe weather and a nice steady soaking rain. So far I've had .63 and it's steadily raining. 

• Like 1