Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    16,972
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    UHF120HzWave
    Newest Member
    UHF120HzWave
    Joined

July Discobs 2020


George BM
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Less than a tenth with the morning showers. Back in the usual mid summer rain rut, with the trees in full transpiration mode, starving the grass.

Running the sprinkler is pretty futile this time of year as it is impossible to get a good soaking of the soil when its this dry. Over seeding/reseeding will commence in about a month. :whistle:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BlizzardNole said:

I did not hear a thing either.  Is there a way to look back at radar for several hours?

Radarscope archives for 30 days on Pro tier 2.

I got a lightning alert around 0340 and was surprised and saw action well to our south.  Caught a few flashes on the tower PTZ, pretty meh TBH.  But soaking rain for those under them!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Less than a tenth with the morning showers. Back in the usual mid summer rain rut, with the trees in full transpiration mode, starving the grass.

Running the sprinkler is pretty futile this time of year as it is impossible to get a good soaking of the soil when its this dry. Over seeding/reseeding will commence in about a month. :whistle:

You put up a good fight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Stormfly said:

Radarscope archives for 30 days on Pro tier 2.

I got a lightning alert around 0340 and was surprised and saw action well to our south.  Caught a few flashes on the tower PTZ, pretty meh TBH.  But soaking rain for those under them!

I have RadarScope but do not have the pro tiers. If anyone has it can you just look and see what time my area got the rain? You don't have to post a photo just curious with the time frame. Location is under my name. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

I have RadarScope but do not have the pro tiers. If anyone has it can you just look and see what time my area got the rain? You don't have to post a photo just curious with the time frame. Location is under my name. 

Probably in the 1am hour. Radar image is from 5:33utc (1:33am edt). The downpours were moving SE.

7012020radar533utc.thumb.PNG.bcc09b84658dd3c3f18cad6477f983b1.PNG

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Less than a tenth with the morning showers. Back in the usual mid summer rain rut, with the trees in full transpiration mode, starving the grass.

Running the sprinkler is pretty futile this time of year as it is impossible to get a good soaking of the soil when its this dry. Over seeding/reseeding will commence in about a month. :whistle:

We went to OC last Friday and noticed all the dust being kicked up by farm equipment along Rt. 404.  I was surprised how dry things looked!  My location was just lucky with a soaking 7.8 inches in June.  It was very well spread out too, with no week letting less than 1.65.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

We went to OC last Friday and noticed all the dust being kicked up by farm equipment along Rt. 404.  I was surprised how dry things looked!  My location was just lucky with a soaking 7.8 inches in June.  It was very well spread out too, with no week letting less than 1.65.

Had a decent amount of rain here in June- I would have too look up the exact amount but it was right around 4". Most of it fell in the first couple weeks though, and it doesn't take long for it go dry this time of year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...