• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    qwerty710710
    Newest Member
    qwerty710710

July Discobs 2020

0.34” last night to start the month. Can justify my laziness to use the sprinkler. 

13 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Woke up to 0.6 in the gauge -- I think it was after midnight but not completely sure.  I'll count it as July 1.

Woke up and saw that it rained. Surprised to see .77” in the gauge?!?! Did not hear a thing.

32 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Woke up and saw that it rained. Surprised to see .77” in the gauge?!?! Did not hear a thing.

I did not hear a thing either.  Is there a way to look back at radar for several hours?

I like the idea of 80 degree surf zone temps by late July off Southern NJ and Delaware beaches. Overall a hot month looking at some of the data. 

Set the path for a cat 3 later in the season. 

Less than a tenth with the morning showers. Back in the usual mid summer rain rut, with the trees in full transpiration mode, starving the grass.

Running the sprinkler is pretty futile this time of year as it is impossible to get a good soaking of the soil when its this dry. Over seeding/reseeding will commence in about a month. :whistle:

1 hour ago, BlizzardNole said:

I did not hear a thing either.  Is there a way to look back at radar for several hours?

Radarscope archives for 30 days on Pro tier 2.

I got a lightning alert around 0340 and was surprised and saw action well to our south.  Caught a few flashes on the tower PTZ, pretty meh TBH.  But soaking rain for those under them!

46 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Less than a tenth with the morning showers. Back in the usual mid summer rain rut, with the trees in full transpiration mode, starving the grass.

Running the sprinkler is pretty futile this time of year as it is impossible to get a good soaking of the soil when its this dry. Over seeding/reseeding will commence in about a month. :whistle:

You put up a good fight.

26 minutes ago, Stormfly said:

Radarscope archives for 30 days on Pro tier 2.

I got a lightning alert around 0340 and was surprised and saw action well to our south.  Caught a few flashes on the tower PTZ, pretty meh TBH.  But soaking rain for those under them!

I have RadarScope but do not have the pro tiers. If anyone has it can you just look and see what time my area got the rain? You don't have to post a photo just curious with the time frame. Location is under my name. 

4 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

I have RadarScope but do not have the pro tiers. If anyone has it can you just look and see what time my area got the rain? You don't have to post a photo just curious with the time frame. Location is under my name. 

Probably in the 1am hour. Radar image is from 5:33utc (1:33am edt). The downpours were moving SE.

7012020radar533utc.thumb.PNG.bcc09b84658dd3c3f18cad6477f983b1.PNG

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

You put up a good fight.

Ha yeah.

Its always a losing battle here. The objective is to not have to completely start over. I will shoot for saving half the grass in the back "yard".

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, George BM said:

Probably in the 1am hour. Radar image is from 5:33utc (1:33am edt). The downpours were moving SE.

7012020radar533utc.thumb.PNG.bcc09b84658dd3c3f18cad6477f983b1.PNG

Thanks! Yep I can see my location under those oranges and yellows. 

Picked up 0.875" in Eastern Calvert this morning with a monsoon-like deluge for about an hour.  Nice and sunny now.  Nothing better than the smell after a summer storm...except the smell of snow in a noreaster....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

We went to OC last Friday and noticed all the dust being kicked up by farm equipment along Rt. 404.  I was surprised how dry things looked!  My location was just lucky with a soaking 7.8 inches in June.  It was very well spread out too, with no week letting less than 1.65.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

We went to OC last Friday and noticed all the dust being kicked up by farm equipment along Rt. 404.  I was surprised how dry things looked!  My location was just lucky with a soaking 7.8 inches in June.  It was very well spread out too, with no week letting less than 1.65.

Had a decent amount of rain here in June- I would have too look up the exact amount but it was right around 4". Most of it fell in the first couple weeks though, and it doesn't take long for it go dry this time of year.

Never made it to 80 here. Currently 77.

Would be nice to get a soaking rain shower. The .06" from this morning was pretty useless lol.