Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 29- July 3 Rains - Stalled ULL

moneypitmike

3 hours ago, tamarack said:

Saw the sun trying to break thru over north Augusta this morning, but that was it - no precip beyond some dz but continuing gray.  No matter as I'm working inside today.

No sooner had I posted this but the sun burnt thru enough cloud to actually create shadows for a few minutes here.  Not long afterwards came a 10-minute downpour, heaviest RA I've seen in this event though no toad-strangler.  Back to just cloudy now.

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Good rains all day, 0.52”, now the sun is out at times but wish we can find something like this in winter. About an inch yesterday and half inch today even at 10:1 would be sick...with more on the way. In my lifetime please. 

A true days and days of snow pattern.

72/66 after that last shower, when the sun is out it feels steamy.  Type of stuff where you see the water evaporating up off the pavement.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dryslot said:

There are several species of fuzzy caterpillars around here that cause nasty rashes or worse.  I’m not sure that I have seen the browntail but similar ones.   That post says they are only on Cape Cod MASS (lol) and Maine. 

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

There are several species of fuzzy caterpillars around here that cause nasty rashes or worse.  I’m not sure that I have seen the browntail but similar ones.   That post says they are only on Cape Cod MASS (lol) and Maine. 

I'm one of the sensitive types so i had a couple bad bouts until i found out where they were coming from seeing this is the first time ive dealt with it at home.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Looks like the 3k Nam had it right, Over 4" now, 4.03" and counting.

There was a lot of doubt from most coming into this, but probably recency bias from the lack of rain the previous 45 days.

I still think it was hard to ignore every single model showing pretty much the exact same thing.... good SE flow wrapping moisture all the way from Bermuda into Maine and then pinwheeling convection every afternoon for days on end.  It was a good synoptic set up.  

Even with convection folks were saying lapse rates looked like shit but there’s been plenty of thunder/lightning.   

Just now, powderfreak said:

There was a lot of doubt from most coming into this, but probably recency bias from the lack of rain the previous 45 days.

I still think it was hard to ignore every single model showing pretty much the exact same thing.... good SE flow wrapping moisture all the way from Bermuda into Maine and then pinwheeling convection every afternoon for days on end.  It was a good synoptic set up.  

Even with convection folks were saying lapse rates looked like shit but there’s been plenty of thunder/lightning.   

I remember you saying this, At the time when i was looking and grant it, I don't look at many models during the summer months as i cancel my subscriptions, It looked to be keeping more of a southerly flow into here, But anything ENE is a soaker into here so it played out accordingly.

23 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I remember you saying this, At the time when i was looking and grant it, I don't look at many models during the summer months as i cancel my subscriptions, It looked to be keeping more of a southerly flow into here, But anything ENE is a soaker into here so it played out accordingly.

That was southerly flow at H5 you posted...juicy moisture wrapping into it aloft. This always had E-NE flow with it at the sfc.

22 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Well you caught up from the deficit lol. Looks like I’ll be on the low end of this one.

Still some developing showers to my E moving in. I wonder how close to normal we can end up getting on the month. lol

Sandy River is up near 3300 cfs, from its 130 prior to this RA and still rising.  Oddly the Kennebec, 40 miles downstream from its confluence with the Sandy, is showing only 2200, and the impoundments in those 40 miles are small potatoes for holding back freshets.  The Carrabassett puts in about 10 miles upstream from the Sandy and it's running near 2000 though its curve looks to be near its peak.  The flow at the Sidney gauge will probably look a lot different this time tomorrow.

Two-minute shower just ending.  Glad I wasn't walking out to the pickup at the time - have a rain jacket but wouldn't have put it on unless it was raining as I headed out the door.

20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Could be the only CCB that NNE gets until next summer. :(

We got lucky with a couple this past winter... even that May 11th dynamic cooling event where it went from like 55F at noon to pounding wet snow at 32F by 4-5pm was a CCB.

We certainly can go entire winters this far northwest without them.  Mid-level Magic is the name of the game.  We need those low tracks through SNE like we saw this winter, lol.

• Sad 1