Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 29- July 3 Rains - Stalled ULL

moneypitmike

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Today was terrible. I don’t know how anyone could like this except if they literally are possessed by Satan himself. Give me 90/72. 

I love the transformation. I went thru the same thing. Same age.. younger kids etc. Will is next . It happened to Jerry .. it’s slowly happening to Freak ... it’s how seasons in seasons began. Love to see it 

41 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Was some Damage in Tolland . Couple areas in town with trees on wires. I gusted to around 40, so some places probs hit a 50mph. Couple minutes away from me on this one 

JxUUZkK.jpg

Will you sue them for violating the "Damage in Tolland" registered trademark?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I love the transformation. I went thru the same thing. Same age.. younger kids etc. Will is next . It happened to Jerry .. it’s slowly happening to Freak ... it’s how seasons in seasons began. Love to see it 

The heat has certainly grown on me in recent years... the dews haven’t, but maybe some day they will.  I can’t imagine ever liking a 72F dew point but maybe, ha.

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The heat has certainly grown on me in recent years... the dews haven’t, but maybe some day they will.  I can’t imagine ever liking a 72F dew point but maybe, ha.

I much prefer the dews. Like all those posts of NNE being in the 90’s when we were in the 80’s . I don’t care about that. I just want humidity.. a chance of storms and not to have to wear a jacket at night outside in summer.. so if you guys got the 94/44 stuff .. great. I want 81/74

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I think you guys are crazy. Having spent decades dealing with Baltimore summers, I am ready for some very chilly temps.

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

Nice soaking moderate rain right now. Good stuff. 63°

As for the summer wx debate, I’m fine with this after like 6 weeks of dryness. But days like this in 2009 I was ready to pull my hair out. Phin will find out just how long our cold season can really be. Those raw, dark days can start in late September up there and carry right on through until May. It’s another world from MD. For most of us who have lived up here for awhile, when we get to warm season we tend to cherish the nice days we get because we know how quickly the jackets will be returning. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Yeah, spend some time in Augusta, GA and you won't love big dews any more.

I would winter where you are and summer in coastal SC. Best of both worlds. Cold snowy winter . And HHH summer with storms and legit cane chances . That’s my plan. Not sure it will happen that way , but that’s the plan. 

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I would winter where you are and summer in coastal SC. Best of both worlds. Cold snowy winter . And HHH summer with storms and legit cane chances . That’s my plan. Not sure it will happen that way , but that’s the plan. 

PEI summers and Portland, ME Winters.. that's my plan in a few years.

• Like 2

I’ll never embrace high dews from a comfort standpoint. The only reason I’d want them is if we have a legit severe wx setup. 

I don’t understand what high dews accomplish for outdoor activities that a day like 84/53 does not. Maybe if I’m spending all day at a pool party or waterpark I could make an exception. 

50 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I’ll never embrace high dews from a comfort standpoint. The only reason I’d want them is if we have a legit severe wx setup. 

I don’t understand what high dews accomplish for outdoor activities that a day like 84/53 does not. Maybe if I’m spending all day at a pool party or waterpark I could make an exception. 

And honestly, even 80F in full solstice sunshine is plenty warm enough to swim in regardless of dews.  I’m with ya all the way on high dews.... unless your goal is just to go from air conditioned place to air conditioned place.  There’s no way the folks that say they love that stuff are opening their windows and doors to enjoy it like one does when it’s Chamber weather.

I get Kev’s reason though for warm evenings, dews definitely help in the overnight if you like sleeping in a hot bedroom.  

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

And honestly, even 80F in full solstice sunshine is plenty warm enough to swim in regardless of dews.  I’m with ya all the way on high dews.... unless your goal is just to go from air conditioned place to air conditioned place.  There’s no way the folks that say they love that stuff are opening their windows and doors to enjoy it like one does when it’s Chamber weather.

I get Kev’s reason though for warm evenings, dews definitely help in the overnight if you like sleeping in a hot bedroom.  

Not to mention the smell, the bugs, snakes and mold. I am good with our maybe 20 days a year with heat indexes above 90. Warm sun, low dews mid 80s. Everyone loves those days.

39 minutes ago, dendrite said:

What’s high dews? I think my prime spot is 60-65°. Anything 70°+ is pretty much useless and uncomfortable. 

Anything over 65F probably works for the “high” range up here given climatology.  I personally prefer 50s all summer, but I also have a high diurnal range fetish so if I could do 50F min, 90F max with low humidity all summer I would.