Newest Member
    StormfanaticInd

June Discussion

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

Sweet...I'm glad to finally see a slight risk into PA for today 

How about a moderate.................:weenie:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

You have been consistent in that message for sure.  

I certainly thought it would roll over more into the Northeast, in a delayed but not denied style.  But now it certainly looks like we rip a quick plume in late week before it just gets crushed into early next week.  

It's frustrating ... for heat/convection/summer enthusiasts, but, it's understandable in the hypothetical (which is actually more theoretically organized in papers that are emerging, too). 

Scott once referred to it as the Pacific pee-pond or something hilarious like that..but the humor is rooted in truth as most humor agonizingly does.  Look at the global SST layouts for ...what, that past 23.47 years ..heh. It's always 90% of the areal expanse of oceanic mass out there having sfc temperature in gaudy yellows, oranges in reds.  Oh, sure...sometimes you get the Kalvin-Hem. waves down there in a faux NINA signature right on the Equator ...like now, eh hm.

Anyway, the coupled oceanic-atmospheric model imposes a massive forcing on the atmosphere in the form of "ridge potential"  

It's not always going to look like a ridge - that is quoted because ...it's more like a base-line restoring force?  Kind of like the llv curl vector east of the Greens/Whites in NE... You want measure a wind coming from the ENE (necessarily) along/in that tuck geography, but, if/when the atmosphere need less impetus to get the wind to tuck, look out!  Same sort of deal ... the flow over Canada leans on a tendency ...and whenever compensators relax, the tendency takes over. The rest state is more NW than it use to be, because the Pac westerlies of merely vaguely situated farther N ...even if in mere kilometers, if it does so everywhere west of the American continental geography, the wind over the geography of America will respond. The winters do this too.. but what's fascinating is that the HC is also concurrently remaining bloated ...and this is causing increased ambient jet velocities - it introduce a whole bevy of different headaches.  But as far as summers, we're getting snow QPF in eastern Ontario under the solstice and it ain't because of super volcanism or cometary impact scenarios.   

I'm referring to it as the Pacific folding pattern...  There were papers written in the early 1990s believe it or not, that were based upon early/primitive climate-change models...that predicted NE Pac ridge propensities leading to cooling over N/A ... it's like we are seeing a perverse verification of that ... but more so in the tendency if you will. interesting.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Let’s be fair. Has it happened yet? Why do you always do this? Obviously the hurricane hadn’t formed when I made that call. Should it not happen , which is still up for debate.. it’s due to the cane. So let’s stop being dumb 

Exactly. If it hadn't been for the hurricanes in March, April and May your torch calls would have been dead on.

9 hours ago, PowderBeard said:

Since our daughter has been born there has been a pandemic, murder hornets, and now these current events. I've been looking for a 666/Omen-like birth-mark. 

I just watched that movie for the first time--not sure why I never had.  Man, it has nothing on the Exorcist.  When I realized The Exorcist came out a year earlier, I realized the Omen was just a cheap knock-off.  I actually am reading the book (Exorcist, not the oemn).  It's so good.  The movie is true to the book--I'm loving it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moneypitmike said:

I just watched that movie for the first time--not sure why I never had.  Man, it has nothing on the Exorcist.  When I realized The Exorcist came out a year earlier, I realized the Omen was just a cheap knock-off.  I actually am reading the book (Exorcist, not the oemn).  It's so good.  The movie is true to the book--I'm loving it.

The "face flashes" in the Exorcist are a work of art and a startle every time. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

MERRIN!!!!!!!

15 hours ago, Dr. Dews said:

Euro has a nice svr setup D9 with Cristobal remnants. Lock it

I'm not a big fan of severe set ups associated with tropical remnants...usually have piss poor lapse rates...and I mean piss poor and there's usually some sort of capping in place. Shear usually good though! But the thermodynamic environment (outside of SBCAPE) is pfttttttttttttttttttt

25 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Another mainly dry day regionwide other than maybe far SW CT

At least my hundredth got a chance to soak in really good last night 

27 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Another mainly dry day regionwide other than maybe far SW CT

Cocadoodledewless 

59 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Drought over. 

0.01” overnight. 

0.06" here.  After 5 straight days with some rain recorded, we're struggling with the floods caused by the total of 0.10" from those days.  :o

66/31 yesterday - after no June frosts since 2007, we get a pair this month.