• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    maley.chris78@gmail.com
    Newest Member
    [email protected]

May Discussion

Brrrrrr!! Assume that's the Ammonoosuc - love jumping in off the cog road in August but Memorial Day weekend, yikes!!!

Man, what a change. I'm out at Fishers Island. This morning it was calm and misty with occasional breaks of sun. About an hour ago the rain came in, the wind whipped around to the northeast and the whitecaps came up. Nasty afternoon.

Would have been pissed if this was winter watching this band rot just to the south of here but not complaining at all here on the Memorial Day weekend.  Nothing more than a light shower here earlier this morning.  We take.  

1 hour ago, Angus said:

Brrrrrr!! Assume that's the Ammonoosuc - love jumping in off the cog road in August but Memorial Day weekend, yikes!!!

Yes, it’s the Ammo. Too cold for me even in August lol - I usually just follow them on an inflatable raft :scooter:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alex said:

Yes, it’s the Ammo. Too cold for me even in August lol - I usually just follow them on an inflatable raft :scooter:

We can tube now with the water level from snow melt, usually too low to tube most of it in mid-summer except a short stretch upstream of the Waterbury Res.  

But no way sitting in a tube in water that has to be like like 40F tops.  Mid summer the lower water level and heating from rocks seems to get it up to a temp where you don’t lose feeling in your limbs lol.  

Right now it’s still cold enough that >60F dews might cause a low cloud right over the water surface.  

It was funny. We had a wind shift from NE to ESE a couple hours ago and we’ve been tickling down with the temp ever since. 66° and crystal clear blue skies and a nice breeze.

image.jpeg