SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May Discussion

weatherwiz

Holy sh*t this is hot for here.  

BTV pretty much forecasting a heat wave for MVL... 90/92/89

Tuesday
Partly sunny and hot, with a high near 90. Light southwest wind.
Wednesday
Partly sunny and hot, with a high near 92. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Thursday
A 30 percent chance of showers after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 89. Southwest wind around 6 mph.

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Oh look, another sunny day with temps in the 70s and dews in the 30s.  

Had one rogue OVC ob this morning from the ASOS...that was close, immediately back to CLR.  

I’m not sure I remember such a continuous  stretch of clear skies up here as the past 7 days.

Ur outshining ur karma with that insolence :)

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Oh look, another sunny day with temps in the 70s and dews in the 30s.  

Had one rogue OVC ob this morning from the ASOS...that was close, immediately back to CLR.  

I’m not sure I remember such a continuous  stretch of clear skies up here as the past 7 days.

Yup. Keep locking these days in. 11th top 10 day of the year.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

good luck ..

here's what's gonna happen.  every summer for the next 18.34 years is going have big plus 10 day intervals interceded by weirdly offsetting -20 episodes that last for 3 day before the whole coronaviruse illness favoring bullshit recycles.

why?

global warming pig species destroying the previous dynamic.

then...after 18.34 years...the total warming of the globe is so pervasive it's lifted all seasonality belts pole-ward at a faster rate then climatology, setting up a climate of vitriol in the social media of that future date because of the 97th percentile nimrod rule which guarantees the vast majority .. don't get how 2nd and 3rd order partial derivatives of complex systems maintainhidden influence on statistical results. 

may as well not engage - 100% accurate prediction barring a comet, asteroid, super volcano or Carrington shut-down event.

So when I’m approaching 92?  Heaven can wait....

for heat enthusiasts... this summer may be as brutal to your cause as the winter was to snow lovers -

guess no one wins in 2020 - eeish

Look at the D9 GGEM ... that's sort of an instantaneous canvas of what this summer does, I wonder - heat expulsion after heat expulsion ablated toward VA ...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

for heat enthusiasts... this summer may be as brutal to your cause as the winter was to snow lovers -

guess no one wins in 2020 - eeish

Look at the D9 GGEM ... that's sort of an instantaneous canvas of what this summer does, I wonder - heat expulsion after heat expulsion ablated toward VA ...

You’ll love the day 8 euro...nothing like sub-540 thicknesses on 6/1

D72BCF5D-08E9-4D2B-9B9D-3D812BB5EAEF.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You’ll love the day 8 euro...nothing like sub-540 thicknesses on 6/1

D72BCF5D-08E9-4D2B-9B9D-3D812BB5EAEF.png

Yeah ... case in point. I mean that's obviously overdone ( uh..) but at even half that amplitude it may verify more than not. 

I wonder if we’re like in an interim phase along the ongoing curve of CC ... where changes in the general circulation eddy for the next years ablate our summers while winters get speed sheared to death… And then who knows what emerges after that

30 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

61/35 here. Feels like October except the sun angle is much higher. With the high sun angle, it feels pretty warm in the sun when the wind is light. 

Warmer up here at the picnic tables at 4kft.

Lift shack thermometer says mid-60s at 3,600ft and MMNV1 showing 66F.  

Another day another snow shot.  Dog cooling off in the cold pocket. Once you step into the woods with snow it feels like you just opened the refrigerator door with this blast of cooler air.

B18BAC45-1796-46FA-8BAD-D4AA10640E1A.jpeg.b90ccfe0adc63365eaa368b00aa79e28.jpeg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Warmer up here at the picnic tables at 4kft.

Lift shack thermometer says mid-60s at 3,600ft and MMNV1 showing 66F.  

Another day another snow shot.  Dog cooling off in the cold pocket. Once you step into the woods with snow it feels like you just opened the refrigerator door with this blast of cooler air.

B18BAC45-1796-46FA-8BAD-D4AA10640E1A.jpeg.b90ccfe0adc63365eaa368b00aa79e28.jpeg

Lucky Dog literally. The thing I live for went *poof* on 3/23 went uphill travel became a no no.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

61/35 here. Feels like October except the sun angle is much higher. With the high sun angle, it feels pretty warm in the sun when the wind is light. 

Yeah, no 70s here.  63F and a briskness to the air with the steady breeze.  I’m in the shade so not as nice.

11 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Wed/Thu should be pretty damn hot up here. S-SW flow is a downsloper for S/C NH. Of course that should keep the dews in check for us as well. So probably warmer at CON/MHT than BDL, but less humid.

Both of those days look hottest from me to you.  St Lawrence Valley probably wins but some early heat coming.  Pretty mild nights for MVL too, with low 60s for mins both days at 5am.  

Wed

E97AA9F6-A40B-49E0-8AEA-DB2C1B149156.thumb.png.d6530c255f4902eb3713f4e81fddbfdb.png

Thur

7AA45E4B-A7C0-4934-9946-E228EC0FA602.thumb.png.8b559e7f25a9f678dc5dde238ded70fa.png