Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
May Discussion

weatherwiz

29 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

you can see it arrive there on sat really nicely - time sensy

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=subregional-New_England-02-24-1-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined

( less marine tainted)

Look at that convergence zone enhance the rain in SCT. There is going to be some flooding down there. Totally reminds me of a tsunami wave breaking over the shore. NCt peeps who can't swim at inland lakes head to the shore to get soaked.  Nerd rules 

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It was a good call... you might remember we set this up the other day; a hook around air source. It gets colder in NYC eventually than you with this tucking - maybe.  I am noticing ALB is getting milder to warm again in the NAM as early as tomorrow though.

Yeah we tend to have nice springs up here once it stops snowing.  This was well modeled to have no effect up here.

73/37 at 10:30am.  

Summer temps with low dews and blue sky as far as the eye can see.

99436413_3803405233064683_24282019330774

9 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Look at that convergence zone enhance the rain in SCT. There is going to be some flooding down there. Totally reminds me of a tsunami wave breaking over the shore. NCt peeps who can't swim at inland lakes head to the shore to get soaked.  Nerd rules 

You can see it 'bubble up'' as it rolls under...

I think conditions improve down that way at a painfully slow rate.  This air mass means bidness - in fact just the last few rad frames shows a collapse SW just beginning and I bet that band is shifting/eroding S in an hour... Not sure about the rest of the day's metrics, but I bet it's not raining there by early afternoon - let's see ...

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Man what a day. Gorgeous out.

image.jpeg

Yeah Brian...though your sky is even better than mine :)

Which I am frankly surprised ...I miss-read this synoptic yesterday, as I was beady-eyed obsessed with BD badness ..lol..  I see that and assume the worse per climate -

This is an unusual BD in that sense. I think that really nails it that this is really a deeper tropospheric Canadian air mass that happens to be coming around the bend along the anticyclonic stream-lines and thus gives the affect visually of being a BD...which it is - technically - but, it doesn't have the marine cold tainted cryo fart in it because it's not hanging around out over GOM or maritimes before rollin' SW. 

850's are still +6 C and we are presently light wind from a land source here in Ayer, and your 70 F is coming d-slope ... We may yet see a secondary marine taint/boundary on rad sort of snake and wobble west later, but for now... this is not the BD I had in mind yesterday.  Interesting...

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah Brian...though your sky is even better than mine :)

Which I am frankly surprised ...I miss-read this synoptic yesterday, as I was beady-eyed obsessed with BD badness ..lol..  I see that and assume the worse per climate -

This is an unusual BD in that sense. I think that really nails it that this is really a deeper tropospheric Canadian air mass that happens to be coming around the bend along the anticyclonic stream-lines and thus gives the affect visually of being a BD...which it is - technically - but, it doesn't have the marine cold tainted cryo fart in it. 

850's are still +6 C and we are presently light wind from a land source here in Ayer, and your 70 F is coming d-slope ... We may yet see a secondary marine taint/boundary on rad sort of snake and wobble west later, but for now... this is not the BD I had in mind yesterday.  Interesting...

I’m honestly not trying to be a d I c k. This is pretty much exactly how I envisioned it. To me, it didn’t have that look of cold, cloudy nasty. Just a dry sunny look coolest by waters 

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m honestly not trying to be a d I c k. This is pretty much exactly how I envisioned it. To me, it didn’t have that look of cold, cloudy nasty. Just a dry sunny look coolest by waters 

You are sunny? From the Tolland high school stem

snapshot.jpg

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Whereas I WAS trying to be a d i c k - haha... I think I told you I was teasin'

That said, I'm not mincing words, either - this looked worse to me yesterday. That said, pump the breaks - It may end up that way anyway, though?  ... tomorrow. 

I mean, I believe there is truth/reality to the idea of this being more anticyclonic initially here ( than merely a cold wedge backing in more typical with BDs) ... 

...but, when this high starts to settle ESE from it's present structure ...the E component could very well doom tomorrow - we'll have to see. 

Frankly though, the heat next week is inevitable ..even if it is only 2.5 days as opposed to the previous 5 days signal before the 00z cycle of runs.. and, if it ends up 60 tomorrow, it's a 10  K run day for me so fine!   as far as mood... it's ideal

3 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Just got home from a site visit.  Was sticky as all hell when we left,  now it feels refreshing.  Dew has dropped 20F in the past hour.  Was 64F and it’s not 41F.  Gusty out too, winds gusting in lows 20s.

In on our own dewless part of the country east of the Rockies this weekend. Once the rain and clouds clear, game on.