Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Discussion

weatherwiz

13 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Already 75F. 8F ahead of yesterday at this time and we managed 81F. Warm, but at least not humid.

Dews at KLEB are up to 49.  I should have installed yesterday before this oppressive sticky heat hit.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Nice taste of summer 2nd half of next week. Back to COC for start of June it looks like on ensembles....obviously all subject to change.

Hoping for a cool summer so far not bad.. hope it holds a few hot days ill take if it means mostly below normal

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

12 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Yeah, buying a house hundreds of miles away totally sight unseen was nerve-wracking. Luckily I had a local guy up here I trusted to give me the scoop on the property. We ended up in a bidding war and almost lost it. We were outbid by 50k and the same dude offered us 25k cash on top to walk away, but we had the seller locked down by that time. Plus I had the crew here telling me about the snow, and I would have paid any price for that heroin. LOL

This is what 350K will get you in Franklin Co MA:  https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/ma/franklin-county?sortId=2&offset=24

I’m guessing it’s a $1 million property closer to Boston? 

I live in a 1983, 1400’ sq foot custom ranch on 3 acres and we paid $220k 10 years ago. 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Take em down 

We are actually are going to take a few down later this year to open up the yard a bit but the tree guys I talked with were not too concerned about most of them.  
The thing with white pines is you don’t really want to thin them out too much because their rootmat network gives them strength. 

13 hours ago, PhineasC said:

I am in love so far. We are seriously considering a major life change and just making this our main residence.  The vibe up here is incredible. Everyone is so chill and friendly. 

It’s interesting to hear that perspective.  People often come up to the mountains for the cool views, weather, relaxation, recreation, etc., but you can’t necessarily get a feel for the entire chill vibe in just a visit.

We found it very interesting when we lived in Montana that from out there, many people’s perception of the lifestyle in the east was this sort of crowded, traffic-filled, megalopolis/suburbia, rat-race existence.  I’m not sure if this is because in terms of raw population numbers, most people they’d met, or popular culture they’d seen, gave them that impression.  We’d have to explain to them that we were from VT, which had essentially the same lifestyle/vibe as we encountered in MT.  Pointing out to them that our entire state had a smaller population than many of the big eastern cities they’d heard of was one way of starting to get the point across.

Kevin lives entirely in the moment ... he can't see the future outside the cat's paper bag - 

It's 7 C at T1 in a 20 kts sustained out of the ENE overnight Saturday night and he thinks because it's so warm right now it must be a canard... 

Anyway, it'll be in the mid 50s east of I-495 and 60 in the ORH hills on Sunday ... maybe 70 out HFD -way...  And even if warms up a few on Monday, you're sill being influenced by that retreating high so yeah ...your summer is getting b-banged until that stops.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Has always looked cool right at waters edge and nearly cloudless west of 495 with 70 plus . This talk of 48 and stratus down to NYC all weekend was absurd 

I'll take the under on 70F west of 495 on Sunday....maybe BDL/HFD could tickle 70F...maybe. You'll be way short of that.