Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Discussion

weatherwiz

Just now, weathafella said:

You guys installing every year should really think about central ac.  At the very least, if you ever plan on selling your house not having it is a negative.   Having sunny days is helpful this week!

So glad we finally installed.  Cost us 8k to have it done.

Yeah the nrn edge is going to be a question mark. It almost looks like deformation rains...but no sure there will be these narrow pockets of +RA like that? I suppose it could be...but not exactly high confidence. The NAM and Euro show it, so it might be a real artifact. To me, it's more of a question how far north the rain shield gets, vs intensity. Saturday stinks either way. We lost that day.

Hit 71 yesterday for season's 1st at 70+, but the low of 31 meant a mean that was 2° BN.  To finish May AN here highs would need to average upper 70s today thru 5/31.  We'll have some days like that but also some in the 60s.  Prob finish the month about -2.  Colder in some SNE spots this morning than my 35 or so here - looking at another 40° diurnal span today.

31 minutes ago, weathafella said:

You guys installing every year should really think about central ac.  At the very least, if you ever plan on selling your house not having it is a negative.   Having sunny days is helpful this week!

Totally agree. Having your entire home, especially the kitchen a nice even temperature is worth every penny. You also get air filtration. You can also get mini splits in different forms like concealed ceiling cassettes pretty cheap.

My realtor friends in CT said many people won't event go look at a house unless it has central air. 

3 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Totally agree. Having your entire home, especially the kitchen a nice even temperature is worth every penny. You also get air filtration. You can also get mini splits in different forms like concealed ceiling cassettes pretty cheap.

My realtor friends in CT said many people won't event go look at a house unless it has central air. 

Maybe it's my location in the woods but I didn't think the 20 to 30 days of AC was worth the 10K investment.  My lower level bedrooms and converted 2 car garage into a dog grooming room rarely require AC, more for dehumidifing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Hard to trust the OP. Had an epic Memorial day weekend last week now Sat is shot, Sunday is mostly cloudy with cool east wind. Monday is a winner.  We EPS until we see the whites of the heats eyes

EPS is toasty. Whether it is 88 or 90, we toast. Finally. 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Maybe it's my location in the woods but I didn't think the 20 days of AC was worth the 10K investment.  My lower level bedrooms and converted 2 car garage into a dog grooming room rarely require AC, more for dehumidifing. 

Yeah, that's about right. I am awful with the heat. Awful. But yeah, the dehumidifying makes all the difference in the world. But I don't even have AC at my sh.it-a.ss apartment. 

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This is day 4 of awesomeness and we have another 5 to go?  

Damn. 30s by night and 70s to low 80s by day.... every damn day.

Haven’t seen a cloud other than some high cirrus it seems starting Monday.

cranky has nailed this Late Spring.

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This is day 4 of awesomeness and we have another 5 to go?  

Damn. 30s by night and 70s to low 80s by day.... every damn day.

Haven’t seen a cloud other than some high cirrus it seems starting Monday.

N. VT may escape the BD's influence as is typically the case...The old 'hook around' pressure pattern even showing up on the Euro's low level layout through Saturday's arrival of cosmic dildo, which then the relentless pums through at least Monday evening... 

Heh.   I mean, it may not be that long but, I noted this earlier in the week and it still looks the same.  The models et al are not allowing the BD's high pressure region to actually settle SE of the region in a timelier fashion ...such that we get fisted by the NE intrusion, then, the wind settles off into a SE flow indeterminately long with no veering back to SW.  It seems the TV whirl, the one and the same that was supposed to originally seriously f-up the east coast weather for days on end but somehow miraculously suppressed SW too far to do so... may have the last laugh. Because it takes 30 hours for it's weak echo in the troposhere to move S of the region, and as it does, it still has enough mechanical last gasp of intent and purpose to clog up the works and causes the high pressure to squeeze E as opposed to S...  

We get two days of milder/warm air, today and tomorrow, and then we pay for it twice as long - we just can't get out of it. The warden knows and punishes us for trying. lol.. 

Joking.. Anyway, up there y'all at least won't have the mixing with the Labradorian heat sink death chill, so you can still cash in on high sun angle/offsetting... Plus, when you see the low level pressure pattern sort of 'oozing' around the elevations of the Greens and Whites like that, it usually means the midriff elevations on up may be over top of the poison.  

For the rest of us? We choke on Labrador cryo farts until next Tuesday.   

Altho ( here's the hook that will trigger Kevin's spin machine ) ...I did notice that the recent global models tried to back off maybe a little on Saturday...  It's probably noise.  The 12z NAM has got 25 kts sustained out of the ENE peeling paint off of shore road buildings from beach sand with Logan T1 temp of 7 C by Saturday night... eesh

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

N. VT may escape the BD's influence as is typically the case...The old 'hook around' pressure pattern even showing up on the Euro's low level layout through Saturday's arrival of cosmic dildo, which then the relentless pums through at least Monday evening... 

Heh.   I mean, it may not be that long but, I noted this earlier in the week and it still looks the same.  The models et al are not allowing the BD's high pressure region to actually settle SE of the region in a timelier fashion ...such that we get fisted by the NE intrusion, then, the wind settles off into a SE flow and stays there longer.  It seems the TV whirl, the one and the same that was supposed to originally seriously f-up the east coast weather for days on end but somehow miraculously suppressed SW too far to do so... may have the last laugh. Because it takes 30 hours for it's weak echo in the troposhere to move S of the region, and as it does, it still has enough mechanical last gasp of intent and purpose to clog up the works and causes the high pressure to squeeze E as opposed to S...  

We get two days of milder/warm air, today and tomorrow, and then we pay for it twice as long - we just can't get out of it. The warden knows and punishes us for trying. lol.. 

Joking.. Anyway, up there y'all at least won't have the mixing with the Labradorian heat sink death chill, so you can still cash in on high sun angle/offsetting... Plus, when you see the low level pressure pattern sort of 'oozing' around the elevations of the Greens and Whites like that, it usually means the midriff elevations on up may be over top of the poison.  

For the rest of us? We choke on Labrador cryo farts until next Tuesday.   

Altho ( here's the hook that will trigger Kevin's spin machine ) ...I did notice that the recent global models tried to back off maybe a little on Saturday...  It's probably noise.  The 12z NAM has got 25 kts sustained out of the ENE peeling paint off of shore road buildings from beach sand with Logan T1 temp of 7 C by Saturday night... eesh

Anywhere inland in SNE is 70+ Sunday and Monday. Very similar days to yesterday where we were into the low 70’s.Full warm sun with ENE flow. Saturday is just not sunny so it’s cooler. Again.. The coast is cooler but you’ll be out both days in shorts and sun