• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May Discussion

weatherwiz

Hiked Puzzle Mountain in Grafton Notch today.  Cloudy and cool until Bethel and then *boom* clear skies.  Warm day on the trail and very buggy.  Had a bit of snow/ice to deal with ourselves but nothing of consequence.  I took this looking southwest at Sunday River on the left and the Northern Presidentials on the right.  On the way home it was sunny and 70F in the car, but as we left Bethel the clouds swooped in and temp nosedived to 52F at Munjoy Hill.  A great day to be where we were 

850_5102.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Is summer forecasting easier than winter? I feel like forecasting hot and humid is pretty easy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I think rain/snow and mix lines along with snow amounts have to be the most difficult thing to forecast... especially given how many factors go into each and how visible the busts are to society.  

You bust by 5F or even say 10F on a high temp forecast in warm season, no one but weenies really notice even though it’s a pretty big bust.  You bust by 6” in a snowstorm everyone knows it...or it’s freezing rain instead of snow, etc.  

Very narrow gradients in winter events seem real tough compared to other types of forecasting.  

The heat and dews are coming.  

Steady southerly flow today has brought dews up from 38F this morning to 57F now... it’s noticeable.  Still in the 70s for temps.  

Feels summery now with those dews rising.  Near record highs in the forecast.

....Lows overnight will be rather mild, generally low 60s in the Champlain Valley, and mid-upper 50s elsewhere across Vermont and northern New York, or roughly 10-15deg above the 30-year climo mean for late May. Mostly sunny conditions and 850mb temps rising sharply to near +17 to +18C will allow valley temperatures to reach the upper 80s to lower 90s...the warmest values of the season thus far and near record highs (see climate section below).

Other then a cloudy cooler day today, Been a while since we've had a great memorial weekend up her weather wise, Got the gate in the back yard done for the daycare,  And working on the garden the last two days, Looks like its going to get quite warm the next 3 days.

Gate.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

? For once? All these glorious days of 70s everyone was gloating over didn't feel nice?

Must be nice to not have to work and to be able to be outdoors during the week  I've been working and this past weekend blew donkey chucks.  Cold/raw/windy/drizzle.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Must be nice to not have to work and to be able to be outdoors during the week  I've been working and this past weekend blew donkey chucks.  Cold/raw/windy/drizzle.

It is awesome, I worked very hard for 48 years, didn't you just go back? Yesterday afternoon was sweet here

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I love posting his stuff to get responses . I think he just means cold aloft doesn’t mean cold surface in June. Just because it’s purple colors doesn’t mean 60’s

It probably does presuming those 850s verify.  And it it’s really cold further up we can have chilly hailers.