• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    David
    Newest Member
    David

Feb 20-21 OBS ( all bets off)

5 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

DP continues to fall at RDU, down to 25. Precip is sure having a tough time advancing N and to the west. Not sure if this is a bad omen for less moisture or a delayed arrival...

It's never a good sign when it's already precipitating a hundred and fifty miles to your Northeast. I'm driving through Gates County in Northeast North Carolina with a slushie mix. 36 degrees.

32 minutes ago, calculus1 said:

Light drizzle here in Hickory.  <sigh>

Snow mixing in here in the northern part of Catawba County.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SnowDeac said:

I feel like 10+ people have asked (including me already), but can someone link the CC radar? Can't find it on the GSP site, and don't have it bookmarked anymore.

I can't find you a page that quickly, but you are looking for Correlation Coefficient. 

It's usually dead on, however, I'm North of it in Pendleton/Central and I'm rain/sleet. Too warm at the surface I guess, and tricked CC. 

Edit: I'm using app on Android, RadarScope, but I believe it is a one time pay product. 

Screenshot_20200220-134309_RadarScope.jpg

3 minutes ago, oconeexman said:

Back to a mod/heavy rain now..wtf

Can't believe the surface boundary layer is this deep when we just had sleet and mesoanalysis showing 925mb temps below -1C.

Based on the CC, looks like the rain/snow line is moving pretty quickly SE through the update and N GA. Knocking on the Meck county door. Surprisingly, my in-laws near Lincolnton are reporting all rain at the moment.

1 minute ago, palmettoweather said:

I can't find you a page that quickly, but you are looking for Correlation Coefficient. 

It's usually dead on, however, I'm North of it in Pendleton/Central and I'm rain/sleet. Too warm at the surface I guess, and tricked CC. 

Screenshot_20200220-134309_RadarScope.jpg

What app is that?

2 minutes ago, Tony Sisk said:

Just as I predicted. Temps have hit 36 in Greenville (near Haywood Mall) and it is snowing.

Oh boy. That’s not far from my house. Still sleet here though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

Can't believe the surface boundary layer is this deep when we just had sleet and mesoanalysis showing 925mb temps below -1C.

I know this is a wierd one hear. Now getting some sloppy flakes mixing in

3 minutes ago, Kristospherein said:

Here's the cc for KCLT. Much more defined than GSP. Cold rain here in S Charlotte matches.

Still raining in Mooresville

Just now, Wow said:

Still raining in Mooresville

yep, just took a walk in hopes a stray sleet pellet or flake would mix in. Nothing, just a crappy walk in the rain. 

• Like 1

First sprinkles in Chesapeake, VA.

Went from 43.9/24.4 to 39.4/27.8 in the last hour.  More than 3 degrees of that drop came in only 30 minutes.

3 minutes ago, Amos83 said:

yep, just took a walk in hopes a stray sleet pellet or flake would mix in. Nothing, just a crappy walk in the rain. 

it'll eventually mix in if and when a heavier band moves in.. not counting on much accumulation at all