• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Mike23
    Newest Member
    Mike23

December 2019 Discussion

New office has a nice view due west down the Charles. Can estimate visibility by how far I can see.

-SN started about 30 mins ago with vis to Mount Ida in Newton Corner (7SM).

Now out to the BU Bridge (3SM)

Productivity is going to go down the tubes during any events.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Banana hammocks and pina coladas type cutter or just dank and gray?

Not sure how tongue in cheek this is, but we're not really gonna get that type of warmth out of "cutter" lows. 

They're always at best 60/60 misty gales, with a ribbon echo squall before the plunge type deals.  If the low is far enough west to get that kind of warmth suggested above, where it's like ludicrous ... it's too far west to really be a cutter, and more like a just a huge warm pattern anomaly.  

Just sayn'   That did happen in Dec 1999 I think it was... there was week in early December where it got to 74 two days back to back... but that was back in those SE ridge-on-roid years.

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Not sure how tongue in cheek this is, but we're not really gonna get that type of warmth out of "cutter" lows. 

They're always at best 60/60 misty gales, with a ribbon echo squall before the plunge type deals.  If the low is far enough west to get that kind of warmth suggested above, where it's like ludicrous ... it's too far west to really be a cutter, and more like a just a huge warm pattern anomaly.  

Just sayn'   That did happen in Dec 1999 I think it was... there was week in early December where it got to 74 two days back to back... but that was back in those SE ridge-on-roid years.

A few hour break free of mist at 60 degrees in the afternoon works for me. If it isn’t go long to snow, at least you can get outside for a bit. 

23 minutes ago, ariof said:

New office has a nice view due west down the Charles. Can estimate visibility by how far I can see.

-SN started about 30 mins ago with vis to Mount Ida in Newton Corner (7SM).

Now out to the BU Bridge (3SM)

Productivity is going to go down the tubes during any events.

Ha, I used to work over at 60 State and would do the same thing with various landmarks around Logan. 

40 minutes ago, DomNH said:

Yeah I know. Hopefully people read it......glad I'm working from home today that's for sure. 

People (the masses) aren’t reading anything weather related unless it scrolls across the top of their phone and their is a red bulletin next to it ...period . They look at that ...their useless phone app hourly forecasts and they saw the 6 or 11pm news yesterday for this “event”

• Like 1

Nice little event for the Berks. We did have an awesome so called anafront in Feb 17. Its really like Scooter said a short wave travelling along the front. Might be a so called fraud but as infrequent as they are they indeed produce some good snows. Some jackpot queens discount them because they tend to be the 4 to 6 type storms one day Charlie Brown window watchers don't like. Winter weather enthusiasts however love them.

13 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

mid winter there. enjoy it before the torch/rn

Thanks, I expect most of it should be wiped out.  Its hard to make it to Christmas without a major torch when we get snow this early, it happens rarely.

Fwiw - the 12z EPS mean is substantially flatter with the latter week system.. Actually even suggests a triple point/miller B slips under us. 

Considering the typical discrepancy between the operational and EPS means is pretty narrow, that suggests there is some arguing going on among the members as to what the flow orientation will really be after the mid week time period - which duh ...that's 6 + days away in an operational model that drills for oil pretty routinely.     

18 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelius said:

Close to 2” new here. 28/27. 

It’s too bad the Grinch is Grinching early this year on Monday/Tuesday. 

Better this early than Dec 24th as in past year wiping out a great snow pack. At least we have time to rebuild.