Most Online
    BlckJckKhoWX
    Newest Member
    BlckJckKhoWX
HoarfrostHubb

October 2019 Weather Discussion

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

EPS has a similar look too.

Yeah, it's coming. I tried to wishcast it away but to no avail. 40-80 mph winds, 8-16" of rain incoming. It sucks but we'll just have to struggle through.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Sitting in Reagan and just told our flight is delayed 90 minutes due to weather in Boston? Doesn’t look like much on radar though?

wind

10 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Sitting in Reagan and just told our flight is delayed 90 minutes due to weather in Boston? Doesn’t look like much on radar though?

Cross Wind

• Thanks 1

Just now, Cyclone-68 said:

Thank you Wiz I’m less annoyed for you noting that  

Sneaky wind day here. Lots of near 40 gusts, limbs and some rotted trees falling . Auburn Mass

IMG_20191007_151445.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Sneaky wind day here. Lots of near 40 gusts, limbs and some rotted trees falling . Auburn Mass

IMG_20191007_151445.jpg

Interesting. Thanks Ginx. Please pardon my ignorance

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

IMG_20191007_151445.jpg

wow...that's pretty nuts. 

I didn't pay much attention to the weather for here today, but based on the fact a front was approaching there was a bit more sun than I would have anticipated...stronger mixing?

27 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

EPS has a similar look too.

Look forward to Weymouth pics of surf crashing into the sea wall. Euro has 16 foot waves into Boston Harbor area

• Like 1

I would rather not see the long weekend drowned while taking all the leaves off the tree’s just at peak foliage. We seem to do this dance often.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Modfan said:

Sorry IMBY question my wife and daughter flying to Logan Friday, any trouble getting in?

Way too far out to know. No issues if gfs is right. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Dews said:

Yeah, it's coming. I tried to wishcast it away but to no avail. 40-80 mph winds, 8-16" of rain incoming. It sucks but we'll just have to struggle through.

Some of the EPS members actually have close to that... others not so much

1 minute ago, ineedsnow said:

Some of the EPS members actually have close to that... others not so much

we take the over

51 minutes ago, KoalaBeer said:

OT but anyone see the Typhoon in the WPAC? Looks like Patricia/Wilma intensity. Definitely fits the bill for one of the most intense TC observed. 

Sucker looks like it'll recurve and bomb out again in the Bering Sea...just like 2014...hmmm...

Just some quick observations: I know I’ll catch a lot of weenie tags for this, but the 12z euro looks like an analog of the 1991 perfect storm, in terms of the major players (NOT impact).  Many similarities, including the Halloween blizzard that buried the upper Midwest at the same time. There’s obviously some key differences as well —nothing (yet) has this system deepening anywhere close to the 970’s. The absorption of hurricane Grace helped to make that storm quite unique...*If* anything remarkable can happen with this it will have be through some combination of absorption of tropical disturbances west of Bermuda and deepening as a sub tropical cyclone in and around the Gulf Stream. 

The GFS is still largely a non-event so confidence in anything impactful is still low...

https://www.weather.gov/dlh/1991halloweenblizzard

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Just some quick observations: I know I’ll catch a lot of weenie tags for this, but the 12z euro looks like an analog of the 1991 perfect storm, in terms of the major players (NOT impact).  Many similarities, including the Halloween blizzard that buried the upper Midwest at the same time. There’s obviously some key differences as well —nothing (yet) has this system deepening anywhere close to the 970’s. The absorption of hurricane Grace helped to make that storm quite unique...*If* anything remarkable can happen with this it will have be through some combination of absorption of tropical disturbances west of Bermuda and deepening as a sub tropical cyclone in and around the Gulf Stream. 

The GFS is still largely a non-event so confidence in anything impactful is still low...

interesting that there was a midwest snow event with that one-I forgot about that...will be interesting to track one or both events this week!

7 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

• Like 1

Low almost overhead here from the FL straights heading north and I am sure to help for what is to impact New England towards the end of the week. The NHC gives it a 10% chance of development the next few days.

GFS has been too far East with the players for 3 days. 

I was  on the beach for the Perfect Storm. Epic epic waves with rogue waves so big offshore they blocked  the horizon flat line . Think we had sustained 60 for 18 hrs. Huge rock thrown up over the dunes dented my car. I watched one rogue wave over wash the dunes and flood a house down the street. 

• Like 2