• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
2019 Mid-Atlantic Severe Wx - General Discussion

Kmlwx

The T&L with that first round was some of the best this season. Wasn't much of it, but it meant business when it unloaded. Wind didn't exactly bowl me over though. With all the storms in my immediate vicinity this season, only one that I can recall has had decent wind. Cloudbursts, hail, possible wall cloud, yeah, but I don't think IMBY I've approached severe wind criteria (58+) all season. Notoriously difficult to judge, of course, (well, for me at least, even with my Skywarn training) without a weather station/anemometer.

Western sky was looking ominous there for a while with round 2, but nasomuch now. Still hearing distant thunder. I always love daytime storms where you hear the thunder half an hour before the event actually hits, the thunder getting louder as the storm approaches. Subjectively speaking, that kind of evolution doesn't seem to happen as much as it did when I was younger, but I'm sure that's just observer/misty memory bias. 

And I'm a sucker for days with 3 or more rounds of storms. I'd almost rather have three rounds of decent storms instead of one big one (unless we're talking derecho or June 2008 -- which had multiple rounds anyway -- or July 2010).