Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2019 Mid-Atlantic Severe Wx - General Discussion

Kmlwx

5 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I had the same view coming home from work. A couple of those cloud tops were pretty impressive. I tried to get a picture but I was driving. They reminded me of flying saucers.

i was in a meeting and walked to the window to take one lol 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, mappy said:

i was in a meeting and walked to the window to take one lol 

That's them. Nice pic! From my vantage point, they eventually mushroomed and started trying to flatten at the tops. Back at home, just had a second downpour and eyeballing the rain gauge looks like close to .25" today.

Also, the brewery is Nepenthe.

8 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

That's them. Nice pic! From my vantage point, they eventually mushroomed and started trying to flatten at the tops. Back at home, just had a second downpour and eyeballing the rain gauge looks like close to .25" today.

Also, the brewery is Nepenthe.

yeah we brief downpour just came through work, but sun is back out now. 

and cool! i was hoping it was BC brewery as its within walking distance of my office and having a hook up there would be great lol 

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

This was the best that I could do, and probably a little later than your shot.

7C0F19ED-BC7B-41B6-B651-257115F7A4A2.thumb.jpeg.b521c481d006f0364803323a2f02d63d.jpeg

Nice! I love mushroom looking clouds (of the weather variety) 

• Haha 1

Just now, mappy said:

yeah we brief downpour just came through work, but sun is back out now. 

and cool! i was hoping it was BC brewery as its within walking distance of my office and having a hook up there would be great lol 

Nice! I love mushroom looking clouds (of the weather variety) 

I go to BC enough that we could make that work. Especially after tomorrow and eight weeks of freedom.

Hopefully the hrrr that highrisk alluded to is wrong.

3 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I go to BC enough that we could make that work. Especially after tomorrow and eight weeks of freedom.

Hopefully the hrrr that highrisk alluded to is wrong.

nice! 

i know my husband hopes its wrong, he has teeball tonight with the kiddo and wouldn't mind an evening off. its been a busy week for us activity-wise. 

pretty incredible bust this week as far as storms are concerned.  flood watches, thunderstorms in the forecast...i've had a couple of brief showers and that's been it.  it's early and the cloud situation today has been strong, but radar still meh.  i'm speaking imby as there have been some areas that have done well, but so far it's been a run of the mill, classic summer week.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, 87storms said:

pretty incredible bust this week as far as storms are concerned.  flood watches, thunderstorms in the forecast...i've had a couple of brief showers and that's been it.  it's early and the cloud situation today has been strong, but radar still meh.  i'm speaking imby as there have been some areas that have done well, but so far it's been a run of the mill, classic summer week.

Yeah, they've been going all around us.  I'm at less than .2 inches for the week...

19 minutes ago, 87storms said:

i'm more surprised by the lack of coverage than anything.  not having a region wide mcs is tolerable, but thought there would be more pop up cells.

now watch us get a line of storms during rush hour.

CAMs have been very consistent that coverage would be limited.     That said, the HRRR has shown for several consecutive cycles now that storms will affect DC and points south and east over the next few hours.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

That happens like once every 50 years lol

Even a June 4, 2008 would be more than fine. I can think of a bunch of events that would be acceptable. 

Ivan too of course. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Even a June 4, 2008 would be more than fine. I can think of a bunch of events that would be acceptable. 

Ivan too of course. 

I'm just being frustrated. I was excited about getting at least a nice thunderstorm at least a couple times this week. I've had enough showers to water my garden but nothing fun or exciting. I'd be cool with a nice lightning show at this point. 

1 hour ago, Kmlwx said:

At this point I'm all for reshuffling the pattern. Anybody for NW flow/ring of fire pattern? I'm okay with 100 and humid if it produces CAPE of 6000 and a massive line of storms. 

Oh hell yeah! Those patterns brings around a lower risk of my yard being in the middle of Splitsville (as well as the negatively tilted trough pattern). It needs to come with deep-layer flow AOA 50KTS as well. 

1 hour ago, Kmlwx said:

Ivan too of course. 

Give me an 1893 Atlantic Hurricane Season repeat, an October 1878, or a Hazel.

October 15, 1954 was an absolutely marvelous day in the area.