• Member Statistics

    15,569
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    SWineman
    Newest Member
    SWineman
    Joined
Kmlwx

2019 Mid-Atlantic Severe Wx - General Discussion

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

fast moving line came through not long ago. have a nice view of the clouds as they moved east. 

I had the same view coming home from work. A couple of those cloud tops were pretty impressive. I tried to get a picture but I was driving. They reminded me of flying saucers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I had the same view coming home from work. A couple of those cloud tops were pretty impressive. I tried to get a picture but I was driving. They reminded me of flying saucers.

i was in a meeting and walked to the window to take one lol 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am watching a storm form over Dover, looking east from the state line. Rain shaft forming as well and an anvil just popped out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, mappy said:

i was in a meeting and walked to the window to take one lol 

 

That's them. Nice pic! From my vantage point, they eventually mushroomed and started trying to flatten at the tops. Back at home, just had a second downpour and eyeballing the rain gauge looks like close to .25" today.

Also, the brewery is Nepenthe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The HRRR has been saying for a while now that if you live more than a small distance north or west of I-95 in MD, you're pretty much done for today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

That's them. Nice pic! From my vantage point, they eventually mushroomed and started trying to flatten at the tops. Back at home, just had a second downpour and eyeballing the rain gauge looks like close to .25" today.

Also, the brewery is Nepenthe.

yeah we brief downpour just came through work, but sun is back out now. 

and cool! i was hoping it was BC brewery as its within walking distance of my office and having a hook up there would be great lol 

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

This was the best that I could do, and probably a little later than your shot.

7C0F19ED-BC7B-41B6-B651-257115F7A4A2.thumb.jpeg.b521c481d006f0364803323a2f02d63d.jpeg

Nice! I love mushroom looking clouds (of the weather variety) 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mappy said:

yeah we brief downpour just came through work, but sun is back out now. 

and cool! i was hoping it was BC brewery as its within walking distance of my office and having a hook up there would be great lol 

Nice! I love mushroom looking clouds (of the weather variety) 

I go to BC enough that we could make that work. Especially after tomorrow and eight weeks of freedom.

Hopefully the hrrr that highrisk alluded to is wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I go to BC enough that we could make that work. Especially after tomorrow and eight weeks of freedom.

Hopefully the hrrr that highrisk alluded to is wrong.

nice! 

i know my husband hopes its wrong, he has teeball tonight with the kiddo and wouldn't mind an evening off. its been a busy week for us activity-wise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pretty incredible bust this week as far as storms are concerned.  flood watches, thunderstorms in the forecast...i've had a couple of brief showers and that's been it.  it's early and the cloud situation today has been strong, but radar still meh.  i'm speaking imby as there have been some areas that have done well, but so far it's been a run of the mill, classic summer week.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

this is lame...

i'm more surprised by the lack of coverage than anything.  not having a region wide mcs is tolerable, but thought there would be more pop up cells.

now watch us get a line of storms during rush hour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, 87storms said:

pretty incredible bust this week as far as storms are concerned.  flood watches, thunderstorms in the forecast...i've had a couple of brief showers and that's been it.  it's early and the cloud situation today has been strong, but radar still meh.  i'm speaking imby as there have been some areas that have done well, but so far it's been a run of the mill, classic summer week.

Yeah, they've been going all around us.  I'm at less than .2 inches for the week...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, 87storms said:

i'm more surprised by the lack of coverage than anything.  not having a region wide mcs is tolerable, but thought there would be more pop up cells.

now watch us get a line of storms during rush hour.

      CAMs have been very consistent that coverage would be limited.     That said, the HRRR has shown for several consecutive cycles now that storms will affect DC and points south and east over the next few hours.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

At this point I'm all for reshuffling the pattern. Anybody for NW flow/ring of fire pattern? I'm okay with 100 and humid if it produces CAPE of 6000 and a massive line of storms. 

That happens like once every 50 years lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Even a June 4, 2008 would be more than fine. I can think of a bunch of events that would be acceptable. 

20080604
20100725
20120629
20130613

Ivan too of course. 

I'm just being frustrated. I was excited about getting at least a nice thunderstorm at least a couple times this week. I've had enough showers to water my garden but nothing fun or exciting. I'd be cool with a nice lightning show at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kmlwx said:

At this point I'm all for reshuffling the pattern. Anybody for NW flow/ring of fire pattern? I'm okay with 100 and humid if it produces CAPE of 6000 and a massive line of storms. 

Oh hell yeah! Those patterns brings around a lower risk of my yard being in the middle of Splitsville (as well as the negatively tilted trough pattern). It needs to come with deep-layer flow AOA 50KTS as well. 

 

1 hour ago, Kmlwx said:

Even a June 4, 2008 would be more than fine. I can think of a bunch of events that would be acceptable. 

20080604
20100725
20120629
20130613

Ivan too of course. 

Give me an 1893 Atlantic Hurricane Season repeat, an October 1878, or a Hazel.

October 15, 1954 was an absolutely marvelous day in the area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just as I thought it couldn't bust for the 4th time in a row i just get a heavy shower with zero lightning, with 20kft echo tops as the cherry on top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

St. Charles county is going to get some good rains. Meanwhile, I just heard a rumble of thunder from that shower over Palmer Park. Bone dry still over my house. No rain yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.53" for the week.  Would have been a shutout if not for a random overnight storm earlier in the week.  PA continues its streak... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm standing in my neighbors barn looking across his field to my SE at a ok lightning show. It's raining lightly as the lightning seems to be fading. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.