• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ESNATC
    Newest Member
    ESNATC
WxUSAF

March 3-4, 2019 Snow Discussion and Obs

I hate to ask IMBY but what time should this threat start in N. Frederick and Carroll County MD tomorrow? I have a very bad vehicle and am supposed nto travel from Emmitsburg to Westminster tomorrow evening to pick up a family member.

40 minutes ago, Deer Whisperer said:

I’m gonna take the rgem, gfs, fv3 blend and call it a storm. Obviously the 6+ totals in east pwc won’t happen but i can dream. If it doesn’t improve for mby then whatever. I just want snow. Don’t even really care how much or if it sticks. Beats cold rain. If the fv3 could be right for once I’d be happy. Bar has officially been set low for me.

Sounds good.  It will most likely be RA/SN mix for a few hours before just RN for most of PWC is my bet.  No real accumulation.  I’m all in for that. If we get some sleet even better.  This should be a good one!

5 minutes ago, CatoctinRN said:

I hate to ask IMBY but what time should this threat start in N. Frederick and Carroll County MD tomorrow? I have a very bad vehicle and am supposed nto travel from Emmitsburg to Westminster tomorrow evening to pick up a family member.

I would leave early in the morning, say 7am. You don't want to be out there driving around in the evening 

1 minute ago, BristowWx said:

Sounds good.  It will most likely be RA/SN mix for a few hours before just RN for most of PWC is my bet.  No real accumulation.  I’m all in for that. If we get some sleet even better.  This should be a good one!

Yep agree, it is what it is, at least we can see a few flakes, I'm good with that, everything else is a bonus 

10 minutes ago, midatlanticweather said:

4" would be fine. I would love more, but gotta be real. In general the call in my area is 2 - 4 inches with highest elevations maybe getting to 5" - NWS calling for 5" IMBY, but I am going with 4.. and hope I am wrong!

It seems like you've done pretty well this winter. I've busted low I think on every lwx forecast lol. I hope it's not like this every year in Owings Mills; I'm new to Baltimore County

1 minute ago, notvirga! said:

It seems like you've done pretty well this winter. I've busted low I think on every lwx forecast lol. I hope it's not like this every year in Owings Mills; I'm new to Baltimore County

Actually been low myself - so I hope I am again Want more always!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, notvirga! said:

From my obs. driving I-795 from Westminster and back (for many years) the Owings Mills area always seems to do pretty well overall.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, notvirga! said:

Nah, Owings Mills/Reisterstown is generally one of the better spots if not the best for the immediate closer burbs. I'm from that area. Lived there for 35 years.  Pretty good elevation for only being 10-15 miles outside of the city. Some spots are over 700 ft. Always better to be above the northwest side of the beltway. There can be fairly dramatic differences depending on whether your closer to the beltway on reisterstown rd. or farther north toward the rt.140/30 split.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Euro is bullish Tuesday morning for lows near 0 . Fairly rare for March even up this way 

And barely gets us to 20 for the high on Wednesday.

3 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

Nah, Owings Mills/Reisterstown is generally one of the better spots if not the best for the immediate closer burbs. I'm from that area. Lived there for 35 years.  Pretty good elevation for only being 10-15 miles outside of the city. Some spots are over 700 ft. Always better to be above the northwest side of the beltway. There can be fairly dramatic differences depending on whether your closer to the beltway on reisterstown rd. or farther north toward the rt.140/30 split.

Yep...descending down 795 from the 140 split to the metro area . Just that little drop in elevation i always see the difference in precip types and amounts that short stretch . Owings Mills always gets less then Up towards north Reisterstown and Glyndon 

Parkton’s got you beat
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Solution Man said:

Yep agree, it is what it is, at least we can see a few flakes, I'm good with that, everything else is a bonus 

Absolutely.  I think the flakes might be a stretch but certainly the occasional sleet pellet might very well happen.  That should make most happy around here. 

Just now, BristowWx said:

Absolutely.  I think the flakes might be a stretch but certainly the occasional sleet pellet might very well happen.  That should make most happy around here. 

We need a separate thread for the “have nots” with this storm.  This way we can discuss our cold rain amongst ourselves without having to read “rippage” and being accused of being downers.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

We need a separate thread for the “have nots” with this storm.  This way we can discuss our cold rain amongst ourselves without having to read “rippage” and being accused of being downers.  

I agree. Don’t wanna seem pessimistic it’s just frustrating when the snow is gonna end up one county away for some of us. Cold rain on top of that. Y’all enjoy your snow. 

11 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

Nah.  Sometimes you just have to smile and be happy for others.  Sometimes you’re flush and sometimes you bust.  The RIC guys ,who are in our forum, have been putting up with us taking a dump on their heads for years. They have been taking it in the shorts like a new prisoner in lock up. If they can take it we can too.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sparky said:

I don't think he realizes where you live now.  Your post almost sounds like you are still in O.W.

I thought that too especially if he's on his phone and cant see my location 

6 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Nah.  Sometimes you just have to smile and be happy for others.  Sometimes you’re flush and sometimes you bust.  The RIC guys ,who are in our forum, have been putting up with us taking a dump on their heads for years. They have been taking it in the shorts like a new prisoner in lock up. If they can take it we can too.  

They’re in southern VA should be in the SE forum anyway. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, osfan24 said:

Ha, I'm literally 5 miles south from heavy snow.

I’m like right on the line if the line was 20 miles south.