Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Beggars can’t be Choosers strung out mess Jan 8/9

HoarfrostHubb

26 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Need a 50-75 mile bump south...but that probably isn't happening. 

Man, this first half has been like a la nina gone wrong for us in that the gradient has been in NNE. I don't think NNE got crushed like this early in 2005 and 2015, did they?

I wonder if 1969 did that...I suspect that it may have.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Man, this first half has been like a la nina gone wrong for us in that the gradient has been in NNE. I don't think NNE got crushed like this early in 2005 and 2015, did they?

I wonder if 1969 did that...I suspect that it may have.

No they didn't. We've def gotten some crappy breaks. But we knew it was probably coming at some point. It had been a while...we almost forgot what it felt like to keep catching bad breaks. 

Dec '68 was pretty epic up north. 

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

No they didn't. We've def gotten some crappy breaks. But we knew it was probably coming at some point. It had been a while...we almost forgot what it felt like to keep catching bad breaks. 

Dec '68 was pretty epic up north. 

I am so pissed I used 1978 as my main analog instead of 1969...this season as been very similar. I was torn between the two. I have loved 1969 all season..best ENSO analog.

Not sure why I said 1978...my narrative and monthly departures are more congurent with 1969 with the meh, gradient like early season.

24 minutes ago, butterfish55 said:
33 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:
LOL.  Warm ground and lousy rates will need to non-accumulating MEH.

Sun angle is too high

I forgot that one too.  The ground isn't even frozen here.  I just easily dug up 4 hydrangeas and relocated them so the electrician can replace the light post next to my driveway.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

MEkster's GYX discussion just out...pretty interesting and shows the fine line for many of us up here.  I'm getting used to disappointments up here lately but the discussion also points out the possible upside if the trends continue in our favor with a period of very heavy snow.

Its the 18z Nam, But its going along with the colder snow solution as well, LP just south of Eastport, 982mb following the 12z run, Up the qpf as well

image.thumb.png.ea16932a25e69b1871389e68289e2dcc.png

Just now, dryslot said:

It looked good here temp wise while the precip was falling at H85, H92.

You will probably do better than Brian and I on temps I'm guessing due to proximity to bombing storm.  My gut says we are mostly snow over here but my gut is usually wrong (or bloated).  You can see why Ekster was hedging because that is a sharp gradient around some highly populated areas mid week and a morning rush hour.  Concord rush hour could be sloppy couple inches or a raging snowstorm.  But you could get your first footer!

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

You will probably do better than Brian and I on temps I'm guessing due to proximity to bombing storm.  My gut says we are mostly snow over here but my gut is usually wrong (or bloated).  You can see why Ekster was hedging because that is a sharp gradient around some highly populated areas mid week and a morning rush hour.  Concord rush hour could be sloppy couple inches or a raging snowstorm.  But you could get your first footer!

I had read his AFD, The GYX updated map just reflects tomorrow night into Tuesday, Still a lot of time for them to analyze part 2, And yes, Good position here as the low rapidly develops but should be some good wrap around back west too.

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

I had read his AFD, The GYX updated map just reflects tomorrow night into Tuesday, Still a lot of time for them to analyze part 2, And yes, Good position here as the low rapidly develops but should be some good wrap around back west too.

Yeah I think we have a shot at 6+ but it'll be close.  You are very well positioned I'd think.  What is your elevation and distance from the coast?